1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Stage 3.1 transfer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by toby151, Jul 11, 2005.

1. toby151

toby151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently transferring my music library into sonicstage in preparation for getting a new hi-md walkman. I am transferring the MP3 files i'm using at the moment into sonicstage and then converting them into ATRAC (128mps). However, i get a strange popping noise in the background when playing back files in sonicstage and a dip in sound quality, could i be doing something wrong?
    I really want to be able to use my Hi-MD walkman with ATRAC files but not if this keeps happening. Please Help!
    Toby

2. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot explain the poping, but to convert MP3 to ATARC is going to reduced the quality. Converting any compressed format to another is always going to result in a loss. (especially converting them to 128kps, maybe try 256kps).

Am i right in beliving the new Hi-MD players support MP3 without convertsion therefore there will be no need to convert- or is this what sony says and but software has to convert?

Have no idea how the popping is forming? Does any one know if the quality becomes so low that this happens? I've seen movies compressed so much and recompressed twice or more that they have pops in the audio. The MP3 format is what is often used in MPEG 1 video (layer 3 audio) - where MP3 comes from!

3. toby151

toby151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, i'm now converting all the music i actually still have the CD of into ATRAC direct from CD and those are fine.
    Toby