1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic PrimeTime

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by evolution400, Sep 19, 2005.

1. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Anyone use sonic primetime with any success ?
    This is very picky in the fact that you must use a certain codec to record your TV the only codec so far I have found that actually works is an older nvidia decoder version .20 I think intervideo, newest nvidia, powerdvd none of them work.
    Just wondering if anyone actually is using this tool at all.

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    not tired it myself, thought it would work with any media center comptibl decoder?..try using a trial version of windvd 7 from www.intervideo.com...

3. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It must be conflicting with my divx AC3 codec as thats the only thing I have installed since I last used sonic.
    I even installed sonic cineplayer and it didnt work with that so now I know it must be one of my codecs.
    I have found a replacment which is much better.
    Nerovision you can drag any file divx, mpg2, wmv then make a proper dvd with menus you can even make a mpeg4 dvd which looks and behaves like a DVD but has mpeg4 compression o you can fit much more on there I doubt very much that it will work with a home player but as I only use the xbox or MCE then maybe and idea.