1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Link/Black Rhodium speaker cable

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Markmw, May 9, 2003.

1. Markmw

Markmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone have any experience with these loudspeaker cables?

Just bought some Monitor Audio Silver S1s from Sevenoaks and want to make the most out of my £50 free cabling. Since I'm not bi-wiring I can perhaps afford to upgrade a little above the standard QED SA wire.

Was offered some of the Sonic Link/Black Rhodium S300 for £15/m, and was told that plugs didn't need to be air-free with this cable due to the silver, ie screw on is fine.

Sounded a bit dubious to me since it's only silver plated, although Sevenokas did say they could solder some plugs on for me.

The Black Rhodium website wasn't particularly insightful, and Hi-Fi Choice wasn't particularly impressed with the S300.

Has anyone any knowledge or thoughts on this cable, and whether the plugs should be air-free? The branch of Sevenoaks didn't seem to have any other cable in between this and the QED SA.

Thanks
    Mark

2. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i use the sonic link ast 200 in my hi fi set up well worth the money deep bass but exspresive.have nt heard this 1 but give it a go