1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Impact T-Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nikoniablue, Mar 29, 2005.

1. nikoniablue

nikoniablue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following the TNT-audio review I've ordered three of these amps to try as potential replacements for Arcams in my system (bi-amped Alpha 8 and Alpha 9 Power). It could be touch and go whether they'll be loud enough - the speakers are Acoustic Energy AE509s which are 91db sensitivity 6ohms. Anyway, my question is about how best to use them for bi-amping. The T-Amps each have one stereo jack input only. I could send L and R signals to individual amps and only use one channel of each amp. Would that have any advantages over just using a single amp? Alternatively I could take separate stereo outputs from, say, the tape loop and pre out from the Alpha 8, feed (via 2 x phono to stereo jack) to the two t-amps then cross over the speaker outs so that each amp feeds both speakers (i.e. amp "A" will feed woofer of left speaker and tweeter of right and amp "B" will feed woofer of right speaker and tweeter of left). Any thoughts/experience??