• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Songs missing from Greatest Hits album

laserbeam

My wife likes Cliff Richard and I bought her for her birthday which is on December 22nd a Cliff album titled the whole story the greatest hits and she was a bit dissapointed they left off a couple of her favourites.It says EMI on the cover if I wanted to complain to EMI how would I do it as cannot see any way to contact them.Two of the songs are Congratulations and Hello Sam Goodbye Samantha.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Information for the release is here,
Cliff Richard - The Whole Story - His Greatest Hits

Those songs are not on the album, never were, there are many other compilations, you should look at those.

Songs are always listed, either on the back or if bought online, in the track listing.
You check before buying if the particular songs you want are on any compilation.

I cannot imagine a complaint that a song is not on a particular compilation would get you anywhere.

I don't know much about Cliff Richard, wouldnt be my taste, but artists tend to change labels and contracts all the time, and it could be that the rights to those particular songs did not belong to EMI at the time, or that the person or team doing the compilation didnt think they deserved to be on the album.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Agree with andy1249 above.
The onus is on you to check the track listings and a complaint to EMI would be a complete waste of time.
I've got to say it...you certainly post some strange things on here.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom