1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Song of the South. Rare Disney Gem on TV

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Duncan G, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Duncan G

Duncan G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +768
    This is showing next Thursday 5th August on BBC2 at 11AM. :clap:

This film has never as far as I know been released on video or DVD her or the USA. This is a very rare opertunity to see this film. :thumbsup:

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Apparently the thought police at Disney have deemed the Uncle Remus character to be "non-PC" - much along the lines of MGM's equally ridiculous stance on the black maid in "Tom & Jerry".

I even read that some in Disney view the movie as an embarassment and that it may never see the light of day on DVD.

The White-American guilt trip strikes again! :rolleyes:

One can imagine how inapproriate it is - the Beeb are showing it for kids at 11am.

3. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Just to let you know this film has been transmitted on terrestrial tv before 'cause I recorded it. plus It was in fact released on video over here some years ago on account that I purchased it, then took it back as it stated on the cover that it was in dolby surround, obviously remastered or so I thought, when in fact it was in mono as it would have been all those years ago, and it was only presented full frame, once again as it would have been given its vintage, and as I recorded it off telly in s-vhs my picture quality was better than the commercial product. :)