Son of CES 2005...

Hi Udo,

You're correct about the note on the price, so as usual your Portuguese is very good.

Hi Graham,

It isn't mentioned any adjustment to the AV192R feature set. The only visible adjustment is the new badge. The Av32R isn't mentioned on the article. But I've to agree with you, I cannot believe also...

Regards,

Rui Gil

PS 1: The WEB site belongs to Jose Victor Henriques, which is a senior hi-fi critic.
PS 2: In the ninneties, I've casually heard the Audiolab gear and it wasn't very impressive, especially when compared with the Arcam Alpha series. So, probably now, IAG is trying to launch a product to compete with the Arcam Diva Series. Definitively these products won't be aimed to the high-end market.

GrahamMG said:
:D :D My sense of humour is rubbing off on you then :devil: The hi-fi press will react in direct proportion to the marketing/advertising revenue spent....... :devil:

Hi Graham, from experience I don't believe that to be true in the UK, but I also admit that I don't consider some of the UK hifi press to be objective and neutral.

Yep that about covers it...

Surely to god GrahamMG you must be kidding about them dropping the AV32R and DP :suicide:

Has this been verified

That was Nic that started that one, not me..... Personally I thought the IAG range included the DP and the FLR, but going on what was shown and the stock hi-fi bitz are getting hold of and the rumours that the DP is about to become a bit of a bargain, people will start drawing conclusions in the absence of any offical comment, the stuff appears on IAG's web site though! I really can't see the DP being axed unless of course they can't actually build it yet........

When I left, the 8000S/A etc was being tested along with Cambridge Audio components and aimed squarely at their price bracket - but that was back in August 2004.

I heard a rumour that IAG 'found' a huge amount of old Audiolab units and were rebadging them and selling them off to get rid of them. Perhaps Udo can comment on any old stock...

Tantalus said:
I heard a rumour that IAG 'found' a huge amount of old Audiolab units and were rebadging them and selling them off to get rid of them. Perhaps Udo can comment on any old stock...

Hi TAG McLaren Audio sold all Audiolab stock 1999, apart from some 'left-overs' which were sold during 2003 [this was published at www.tagmclaren.com at the time the left-overs were offered].

Of course there has been stock of raw material, as you will always have when you discontinue a product. Therefore, remaining stock is in my opinion not the motivator to reintroduce Audiolab's classics.

Nice to see the AV32R :thumbsup:

I notice the 8000 series is badged with a screen printed "audiolab" and the higher end stuff seems to be badged "DVAudiolab" using a badge more like the old TMA badge.

Anyone know what the price's are now or do we have to wait until late this year for the actual re-release?

Hi there TMA lovers,

I have to admit I am still a faithful fan of the Audiolab products owning a Pre 8000Q, a Transport 8000CD, a DAC 8000DAX and 4 Monos 8000M. I am running this equipment with a pair of Monito Audio Studio 20SEC. I might even add that I have been looking for a 2nd hand 8000PPA for some time to exchange my Rotel PrePre.

I can understand Dr. Zuckers thoughts on what happened when TMA bought Audiolab as they needed to reposition themselves (which I believe they did quite successfully until competition in the AV sector began to eat them).

Unfortunately now one of my 8000M's died on me a couple of weeks ago and my dealer seems to be giving up as he cant find anyone who will tell him where the parts he needs can be bought. Looking at this thread it seems quite easy: just get the circuit diagram of the "new" 8000M as if I understood Dr. Zucker correctly it is the same as the old one just produced far east.

By the way, I really love the sound of my system and never found it Brittle!!!

Anyone out there can help me????

Audilab Addict
Aze

Aze_007 said:
Hi there TMA lovers,

I have to admit I am still a faithful fan of the Audiolab products owning a Pre 8000Q, a Transport 8000CD, a DAC 8000DAX and 4 Monos 8000M. I am running this equipment with a pair of Monito Audio Studio 20SEC. I might even add that I have been looking for a 2nd hand 8000PPA for some time to exchange my Rotel PrePre.

I can understand Dr. Zuckers thoughts on what happened when TMA bought Audiolab as they needed to reposition themselves (which I believe they did quite successfully until competition in the AV sector began to eat them).

Unfortunately now one of my 8000M's died on me a couple of weeks ago and my dealer seems to be giving up as he cant find anyone who will tell him where the parts he needs can be bought. Looking at this thread it seems quite easy: just get the circuit diagram of the "new" 8000M as if I understood Dr. Zucker correctly it is the same as the old one just produced far east.

By the way, I really love the sound of my system and never found it Brittle!!!

Anyone out there can help me????

Audilab Addict
Aze

Hi Aze, there are no really special components inside an 8000M. More importantly, I bet, IAG will have the part your retailer required. What is it, you are after?

Hi Dr. Zucker,

I am impressed by your speed in reply - actually very impressed, once I tried to get a reply on the TMA forum regarding my 8000 setup and some probems I had with my CDT and DAX but without any reply.

What is wrong with my 8000M I dont know and have to ask my dealer. It seems however the source was a malfunctioning coil from my speaker backfeeding DC amps into my amp destroying the amplification transistors ... now for me that means nothing but frustrating as in plain english it menas my speaker and my amp is bust.

Who should my dealer contact? Any idea where to get the circuit diagrams?

Cheers for your help and always appreciating your technical comments.
Aze

Hi Aze, I am surprised to hear that a speaker defect should have damaged your power amplifer. Having said this, there has been different versions of the 8000M, so earlier models (which I don't know that well) might have been more sensitive. Anyway, in any case, your retailer should contact his local TAG McLaren Audio representative or IAG's helpdesk. I am certain, they can help.

how did the Audiolab 8000mx differ from the 8000m, and what is the equivalent now?

I am acquiring a single 8000mx and would like to find another. I'll be using it to power the centre speaker in the interim, but really would like to track down its twin.

That's an interestin question, might i also ask - "how is the 8000PX different from the 8000P"

thanks mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom