1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

son kp57wv600 dvi drivers?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by spanky, Mar 17, 2003.

1. spanky

spanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have been told that sony does not offer any drivers for the dvi output to the son hd projections from a pc. the picture is displayed, yes, but only in the lowest setting possible. certainly not the 1024x768 that it should. does anyone have any information as to where a driver would be, if any? i am certain that someone out there has written some software for this, as sony has sold many of them. sony was no help, saying that they didn't offer any software for it. i have spent hours doing google searches and came up with nothing. i am interested in purchasing an hd projection if this dvi feature is accessible from a pc; as it would be great for gaming. i have been reading this site for awhile, and there is alot of great information on here. many people on here certainly know there stuff, and am wondering if any have heard of this dilemma (if it indeed exists).

any information would be helpful. thanks in advance.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spanky,

Best I can suggest is a Radeon video card & Powerstrip. This allows for custom resolutions, but when DVI is involved it's a little tricky. Two way communication between PC & display device.

But Powerstrip should allow you to output just about any HDTV resolution at different refresh rates, sync etc...

If you know what the TV will accept (maybe the manual will list these) it should be possible.

BTW, Powerstrip will allow you to write your own custom driver (.inf) for the TV.

Food for thought anyway.

Powerstrip.