Son has £300/£400 to spend on new 36" tv, which ?

DJBlade

Son has £300/£400 to spend on new 36" tv, which ?

Theres so many to choose from . .

Thanks in advance . . .

DJBlade

You'll most likely find that you'll have 32", 37" and 40" to choose from with LCD/LED tvs these days, so I assume you'd be looking at a 37" tv?

In which case the 37" 1080p LED LG tv from Richer Sounds at £399 is a good deal, especially at that price range.

LG 37LS5600 | 37 inch LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds
Should of mentioned earlier, we are in a blind spot so aerial reception is very poor, do any come with freesat ? Its not a problem if not, as he can always add a freesat or sky box later . . .

vickster

Distinguished Member
Do you mean 37", I don't think there are any 36" flatscreens

There are some Freesat TVs, but mainly older models (Panasonic, Sony, LG) or larger high end TVs (Panasonic and Samsung) now - might be worth looking in the Classifieds or eBay for an older pre-owned model given the budget

DJBlade

Ok, 37" then ! :smashin:

Freesat not really needed, can just add that or sky, just want the best tv for the money he has !!

DJBlade

He is itching to have his new tv for the weekend - so any others worth considering ?

vickster

Distinguished Member
You say there are lots to choose from - what models are on your shortlist? The LG is probably the best value for money - there aren't actually many branded 37s under £400...37 is quite a rare size, you'd have more choice in a 40"

DJBlade

You say there are lots to choose from - what models are on your shortlist? The LG is probably the best value for money - there aren't actually many branded 37s under £400...37 is quite a rare size, you'd have more choice in a 40"
He/We aint got a short list at the moment, so could he get a good 40" tv for up to £400 ? He just wants a good tv for his money . . .

vickster

Distinguished Member
It depends how far you are from the TV, ultimately if there is a big distance, does it really matter how thick the Tv is for wall mounting? You can get slimmer brackets I think, but guess they cost rather more. With a limited budget, you have to be realistic. If you want super slim and super high picture quality and features, you'll have to pay for them. I guess £800+ for the high end LED-LCDs in a 37-40" . You'll laos end up paying for features you may not want though, like 3D

Maybe see if there are 2011 models like the D7000/8000 floating around somewhere, maybe ex demo at Sevenoaks S&V or similar

Last edited:

DJBlade

Hi, i got the lg but went for the 42" model at £430.00 .. Thanks for your input guys .. Son is very happy with his tv ....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom