Somfy Blinds

Somfy RS485 transmitter has a serial connection option via RS485 to RS232 adapter that’s how many home automation systems connect to Somfy blinds but they’re not cheap

cheapest option is to get the dry contact somfy motors and use wireless relays maybe

Sorry for the bump, but how did you get on? I’m looking to get some Somfy blinds. Do you find any cheaper options?

Seem to be a couple of different official hubs, which seem well overpriced. Trying to find a cheaper a solution.

Same situation for me. I have five Somfy blinds installed. Would like Google integration but just can’t bring myself to pay the price of the Somfy hub. They have updated it recently to the 1870600 and dropped the price but it’s still expensive for what it is. Seems to be a few solutions if your happy to program and or do some soldering.
Just need a cheap 3rd party hub, surprised there isn’t any options.

Same situation for me. I have five Somfy blinds installed. Would like Google integration but just can’t bring myself to pay the price of the Somfy hub. They have updated it recently to the 1870600 and dropped the price but it’s still expensive for what it is. Seems to be a few solutions if your happy to program and or do some soldering.
Just need a cheap 3rd party hub, surprised there isn’t any options.

I’ve ordered a blackout blind for my bedroom, which I want to automate for when I wake up after sleeping off a night shift.

I probably should have done a bit more research before I ordered it, which I normally do. But I have been supprised by a lack of options. I assumed it would be very simple as they use RF, so I could use my Sonoff RF bridge which I use for loads of things.

However turns out Somfy use a slightly different frequency and unusual rolling RF code system, I assume to force people into buying their expensive solution.

What are other decent smart blind options exist (other than IKEA, which don’t do suitable sizes for me)?

Get the correct electric somfy blinds /motor and you can add Shelly WiFi modules to control them . You can then use Shelly app , Alexa etc with no need for a separate hub

I’ve ordered a blackout blind for my bedroom, which I want to automate for when I wake up after sleeping off a night shift.

I probably should have done a bit more research before I ordered it, which I normally do. But I have been supprised by a lack of options. I assumed it would be very simple as they use RF, so I could use my Sonoff RF bridge which I use for loads of things.

However turns out Somfy use a slightly different frequency and unusual rolling RF code system, I assume to force people into buying their expensive solution.

What are other decent smart blind options exist (other than IKEA, which don’t do suitable sizes for me)?

Get a somfy or other blind motor that doesn’t have smart functions built in then, as above , add the Shelly module

Save your self a fortune

Get a somfy or other blind motor that doesn’t have smart functions built in then, as above , add the Shelly module

Save your self a fortune

Yeah, this is an option I was starting to look into. Love Shelly stuff and already had a few light switches using Shelly. But blind control is completely new to me and I’ve only seen them used with garage doors that have permanent power. I’m struggling to find an decent guides/instructions for use with blinds. Got any useful links?

It is relatively simple as long as you have a standard blind with 230v motor .

Ideal to use with a retractive 2 position switch so you can still control manually as well

I already had two huge remote control Somfy blinds, spent ages looking for a cheaper solution, but in the end just bought the Somfy connexoon which does the job with no hassle. Added a new kitchen blind so all Downstairs now work with Alexa or sunrise sunset or timed operation. Might do all upstairs in the future

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom