Somfy 230v RTS blind control - Fibaro?

UKCamaroSS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of buying a new home, being built by one of the usual mass homebuilders. I've had cat6 run to every room in the house, back to a centralised location. I've also run speaker wire from the central point to the living room and hdmi cables to various rooms.
For the windows, I've had fused spurs positioned next to each window, ready to install electric blinds.
The company I'm looking to buy the blinds from has said the blinds are powered by a Somfy 230v RTS motor -- therefore there is only a RF remote control to move them. Is it possible to link this up to a zwave / Fibaro system?

Cheers

Thats straight forward just use the Fibaro Blind control as below

APNT-30_Fibaro_Blind_Wiring.png

Thanks - I've got HDMI to the living room and kitchen, which are close to the centralised point, though I do have cat6 going to each tv point as well. Cat6 goes into wall plates, hence I ran the HDMI cable as well.

Re the Fibaro, I was confused as the Somfy motor instructions show:

or, for the non RTS (WT - which the supplier does not use / offer):

Looking at Fibaro diagram posted it appears to need the physical up / down connection - are the S1 and S2 points optional?

HDMI doesnt carry IR so can be a pain if you want to add control as well from TV points as HDBaseT HDMI over Cat5/6 can also carry the IR.

Yes S1/S2 are if you want to add a manual switch but no requirement to have them

Awesome, thanks.
HDBaseT - if cable is terminated in wall sockets, does it pose a definite problem, or is it more of a "not recomended as it can cause issues"?

Official Aclass answer "We dont recommend any joins in Cat 5/6 runs that are to be used for HDMI over Cat6, and recommend using brush type plates with direct termination at each end of the cable"

However we know for many people it works fine

Look at the Somfy RS485 controller that's what I use

Is this for blinds in every room?

I've only got blinds controlled by ir in my Living room, my harmony remote controls them, and my Vera Edge tells harmony to control them via a upnp plugin.
Works well with no notable delay.

I second AClass in cat6, I pulled a wall plate off on my house (8 years old) and found a scart cable, no one will ever use that again and I haven't a notion where it is going, try to use what will be relevant the longest.

Also make sure the speaker cables are going where you want therm, once again I have speaker cables and a cat5 cable behind a wall plate half way up the wall in most rooms, I understand the cat5 could be used for a control unit but the speaker cable is very limiting.

Is this for blinds in every room?

I've only got blinds controlled by ir in my Living room, my harmony remote controls them, and my Vera Edge tells harmony to control them via a upnp plugin.
Works well with no notable delay.

Yep, every room.
I checked Harmony site to see if they support Somfy blinds before writing this post, but I couldn't see it as being supported, as Harmony is ir whereas the somfy is rf. Are you using something like the Somfy RS485 controller, which cmclean mentioned above?

The blinds were already fitted when we moved in, they have an IR remote, model 1870133 and a receiver in a recessed plate. I just taught harmony the command.

I've had a look and apparently the rf somfy blinds are controllable from Vera through the RFXtrx unit.

See post 27 here

RFXtrx plugin version beta 2 released

Thats straight forward just use the Fibaro Blind control as below

APNT-30_Fibaro_Blind_Wiring.png
Hi,

OK, I've got the blinds installed - but I'm having difficulty getting them to work with the roller shutter 2's.

The setup I have is:
230v Somfy motor (2 wires only)
upload_2016-4-22_11-28-45.png

upload_2016-4-22_11-28-14.png

Switched Fused Spur
Fibaro Roller Shutter 2

Without the fibaro module, the wiring is:
Somfy Neutral into Fused Spur Neutral
Somfy Live into Fised Spur switched live
This works fine.

Now, to wire up the roller shutter 2 -- how do I do this, as the fibaro module appears to need 3 wires -- neutral, up and down?

Thanks,
Gavin

For anyone else who may attempt the above, as I did, with 8 modules -- the Fibaro Roller Shutter modules will not support Somfy 230v RTS motors -- there is a large difference between 230v WT and 230v RTS -- Vesternet mention 230v support, and 24v RTS as not supported, beware, 230v support is only for the WT motor.
As I spent more than 14 days trying to get these modules to work, I am also only entitled to a "credit" on my account at Vesternet. Not overly helpful as Vesternet do not sell a compatabile product between the 230v RTS motor and Fibaro Home Centre.

Hardly Vesternets fault, they are just a retailer maybe you should take it up with Somfy.

Have you tried using a Fibaro dual relay instead ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom