• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sometimes cannot connect to other players PS3 online

Macfall

Standard Member
I am a new O2 broadband customer and am having a problem with my broadband whilst playing games online with my playstation 3 (Fifa 09). Sometimes it seems I cannot connect to the other player. I have heard about this problem with other broadband providers eg. Talk Talk. Is this a problem with O2 and if so can it be fixed? It may indeed be the game but I don't think so as it never happened when I was with BT.

cols

Prominent Member
With this being a common problem, especially in fifa and with fifa09 being still new, i wonder if something could be stickied on this subject?

Speaking for myself, port forwarding was new to me and way beyond my knowledge, google helped but it took a while to find something that explained it in basic enough terms for me to understand and follow...

The above would be handy for a start perhaps?

Unfortunately searching isn't helpful in a lot of cases as often people have the problem but don't know what the solution is and what to search for!

Just a suggestion!:smashin:

Macfall

Standard Member
Hi,

Thanks for the help. Tried to sort this out with the port forwarding and phoned o2. The fella went into the livebox and added the ports for the game but it still hasn't worked. Phoned again this morning and this guy told me a load of crap then reset the hardware on the live box II, said that should work, it hasn't.

Can anyone help? I'm only getting into about 10% of games I try to play and can't connect to anyone I know.

I'm not that sharp when it comes to computers etc. so any advice will need to be in simple form, ha ha.

From reading other forums there doesn't seem to be a DMZ mode on o2 Livebox II, although I'm not sure how secure this would be.

Thanks again.

Deal4Me

Standard Member
Hmmm, sometimes I get this with AOL when playing GTA. You're not alone.

I don't get 10% success rate though.

Maybe its because Fifa is new? I remember happening with Fifa 08

Macfall

Standard Member
Now that o2 have re set the box, is it worth trying to change the ports again? Anyone have any idea's, I'm getting frustrated trying to connect to people with Fifa 09. Has anyone else had this problem and got it sorted?

Macfall

Standard Member
Right, I am trying to put the PS3 in DMZ mode. I've done everything instructed. My only problem being when I log onto the O2 box as superuser,and went to devices, the only thing available on the drop down menu was my pc. How to I get the PS3 available here?

COOPERMAN

Prominent Member
Right, I am trying to put the PS3 in DMZ mode. I've done everything instructed. My only problem being when I log onto the O2 box as superuser,and went to devices, the only thing available on the drop down menu was my pc. How to I get the PS3 available here?

The PS3 must be set to get a dynamic IP address in order to show up in the user interface

COOPERMAN

Prominent Member
Hi mate
Had some trouble setting up the Speedtouch in DMZ, could set up DMZ ok
but couldn't then connect to the internet, problem with the IP address
that the router a assigned me.
Anyway, think I have worked away around your problem!
Forget everything I have asked you to do in the past, Follow these instructions:

PS3:
In XMB go to Settings then Network,
select easy,
wireless,
wlan settings select scan,(select your wireless network from list),
wlan select security, (input security key if asked),
IP address settings to Auto,
DHCP host name to Do not set,
DNS settings to Auto,
MTU to Auto
Proxy Server to Do Not Use
UPnP to Enable

Test connection hopefuly it should be ok.

Router:
Sign in as Superuser (SuperUser/O2Br0ad64nd)
Goto Toolbox, Game and Application Sharing, Configure at top right of screen,
Tick Use UNpP box,
Click Apply.
Goto Create a new game or application,
Name PS3
click Manual entry of port maps,
click next
input these ports TCP 80,88,443,3074,5223,9293,10070 - 10080,13505,18800,18805
UDP 53,3074,3478-3479,3658,6000-7000,10000,10070,11000-11030,18805,50000,50100
(Screen should look like attached image)
Then goto Home Network, Devices,
click Assign a game or application to a local network device,
From Game or Application drop box select PS3,
From Device drop box select your PS3 mac address (If you dont know the mac address of your PS3 you can get it it from the Home Network tab on your router settings page)
click Add.

If all goes to plan you shouldn't have anymore problems???

Attachments

• Port Mapping.jpg
    Port Mapping.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:

thepercyboy

Standard Member
thanks for repleying to my theard jimmy c can't sign in as super user, opening all these ports is this just opening all possible ports ranges for ps3, i can connect ok and host games ok just the comms is a bit hit and miss this really gets on my tits when playing with friends any idea.

mickus66

Prominent Member
thanks for repleying to my theard jimmy c can't sign in as super user, opening all these ports is this just opening all possible ports ranges for ps3, i can connect ok and host games ok just the comms is a bit hit and miss this really gets on my tits when playing with friends any idea.

Maybe the problem is at their end?

COOPERMAN

Prominent Member

If its just comms then make sure UDP: 3658 is open, thats the port used for comms.

Mildoo

Established Member
when opening ports do you have to do both tcp and udp or just one or the other?

J

jvefoc

hi, i am having the same problems with BT. Is this just a router issue? If so i am more than willing to change as i have been threatening to do so for a while now.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom