1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something wrong with Loewe Aventos?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jayjay, Aug 8, 2003.

1. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi folks

I'm looking to purchase a Loewe Aventos to replace an aging Mitsi 4:3. I took my DVD player (Sony 725) down to the dealer to see how it looked and overall I was really impressed with the wide variety of material we watched. Monsters Inc, Gladiator, Toy Story, etc. One thing did concern me however and I'd like your advice on what and why it may have occurred.

We watched the scene where Mike and Sully go to work in Monsters Inc (track 5). The bricks on the house kinda shimmed in the background as the camera panned. They walk down the street past flower boxes and it's as if the flower boxes pixelate or completely lose detail, then jump back into focus.

At the the time I wasn't too concerned. I figured that I'm not going to watch a movie that closely and hell everything else looked so great in 16:9 goodness!

What concerns me is that when I install my DVD player back into my existing set-up the bricks are completely rock steady and the flowers remain detailed all the way through the scene. What gives?

Is this just the reality of wide-screen TV @ 100hz?

Is it some kind of picture processing that can be fixed in the multitude of options in the Loewe?

Is it something to do with the connections - at the dealer we had component into scart and at home I have plain svideo?

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd love a 16:9 set but not sure if I part with the cash now?

Thanks in advance. Jay

2. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No-one has any ideas? Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie, I may have missed something quite obvious to you.

Jay

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    100hz processing will always throw up occasional problems with the picture but then you get a flicker free image. There certainly may be options with the Loewe to eliminate this problem. I know a bit of fine tuning with a Philips set can do wonders. Hopefully a Loewe owner will give some specific advice.

4. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    So what I've described would be a 100hz problem? Does any of the Loewe trickery allow it to be countered?

I tried Monsters Inc with a friends Philips Widescreen 50hz and the image is stable as a rock. Maybe I should just buy a 50hz TV and save myself some dough?

Jay

5. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Jay...

Sounds like the motion artefacts associated with the digital processing options.

If you turn these off, then you can achieve better results.

Do a search for "aventos AND dmi" and there are a few threads discussing this problem.

6. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Lester

Thanks a million I'll do a search. What's the I in Digital Motion I?

Jay

7. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Interpolation. La-de-dah !!

8. jayjay

jayjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: