1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something very odd is going on at dvdsoon with the psp's....

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by paul1672, Mar 29, 2005.

1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
  2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    I notice that the standard pack has gone down the sales rankings from 51 to 118! A result of people cancelling perhaps?

I've got a great idea for a website - goes a little like this! Pretend to sell a fairly expensive product - take everyones money a couple of months before release and bank it (thus getting some lovely interest!). Then simply return the money to them as and when they cancel their orders and request a refund. Oh and tell them that the refund takes 21 days thus getting almost another month's interest from everyone.

For the unit to have got upto rank 51! they must have has a shed loads of units pre ordered when you consider that this sales ranking includes small stuff like DVD's!

3. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Those psp bundles are NOT official sony bundles, these are shipments of value pack psp's in which dvdsoon have 'added' their own stock of games and are selling as a bundle.....that way they can continually get out of not shipping peoples pre-ordered normal value pack.

This is the same customer service and value that dvdsoon continually show their customer, its totally unbelievable, I get lost for words and really angry. they have obviously lost $ on the value pack psp and are trying to make their money back. I hope it back fires, to be honest, we should all email sony canada and tell them about it.

Here in the UK there are trading standards, isnt there the same sort of body in Canada that makes sure retailers are acting fairly ?

4. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
  5. KezzaBezza25

KezzaBezza25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not looking to defend them but I did get an email from them (although I only have games on order) apologising for the fact that they only received gretzky packs from their distributor, and that no value packs are on sale in canada.

Believe them or not, that's what they said

6. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Videogames plus said the same (although they did get a few Value Packs in without Gretzky in their first shipment).

7. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,461
    Has anyone here kept their PSP value pack order with DVDsoon apart from me? I've ordered another PSP now from ebay but still hanging on to my soon order just incase :rolleyes:
    Starting to consider canceling now though as everyone else here seems to have, hmmm, does that make me a sheep :rolleyes:

8. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    :thumbsup: My order is still there (ordered for a mate), only because I already imported one from america for myself, or I would have cancelled by now.

Spoony

9. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    yep,i've kept my order with them,only due to the stupidly low price i paid though.....
    i've also since ordered another psp from them with ape escape (for my brother) and it went straight into packaging and is currently on its way.
    paid £168 inclusive of p&p....
    paul

10. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    What's that in £. Also, are they going to mark down the value? otherwise it's likely to get hit by customs for around £50. :rolleyes:

11. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    that price is great british pounds and yes i'm aware of the customs risk but its not for me so i aint bothered.....
    my bro wants one and it was showing as in stock so i took the risk,seems like its worked out ok as like i say its currently with ups and on its way.
    paul

12. Kube

Kube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    I would be really ****** off if i had ordered with DVDSoon. Its disgraceful they way they are treating their customers. Id say they will lose alot of future business over this.

My brother ordered a JPN PSP from electricbirdland, which claim they have stock in, and he still hasnt recieved it and he booked over 3 weeks ago now.

13. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Luckily, I didn't order my PSP from DVDSoon, but I have tried to order some games with them, which have still not been posted. In view of several people encountering Customs charges for games (which would take the price above that charged by VG+), I decided to cancel my orders and reorder with VG+.

DVDSoon say in their blurb that one of the reasons that they take payment as soon as you order is so that they don't have to store credit card details on their system. However, when I cancelled my order and went to get the credit refunded to my card, I was told that I had to use a card I had used with them before. If they don't store card details, then how do they know which card I've used before? Hmmm? Hmmm? Answer me that?!! :D

The other annoying thing was that the stupid refund form wouldn't accept the card that I'd placed the order with. I had to use another one which I'd used with them for a completely different order ages ago.

Everything is such a hassle with them - I don't think I'll be using them again.

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Same here! Their form wouldn't accept my card even though it was definately the same card I used! They had to get me to fill in a form, sign it, scan it and email it back to them before I could begin my lovely 21 days waiting time!

Good point about them keeping card details - how would the system know what card you used unless it keeps a database of that info! Maybe it logs just the last 4 digits but then it gets it wrong anyway so it's all a load of tripe!

15. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    I meant to write, what's that in $Cdn. Doh! :oops:

Still £168 is a good deal. I just hope it gets through customs mate. :)

16. jasonjbj

jasonjbj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    what shipping option did u got for?

17. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: