• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Something to replace BK XLS300 PR

berkeley384

Prominent Member
Hi

I want something to replace an old BL XLS300 PR, many won't be familiar with it as it was quickly discontinued by BK due to the cost of it having 2 10 inch Peerless drivers (one active one passive)

XLS300/PR

Its smaller than the new P12 / XLS400 but bigger than the XLS200, its a really nice size, but its old and a tatty now and I'd like to replace it with something else that matches my Gloss black M/A Apex speakers.

I was going to get the W12 Silver but whilst old reviews of it are great forums seem to trash it

I was looking at the SVS 2000 but the metal Grille is not wife friendly

I looked at the B&W PV1D which again gets great reviews but is trashed by many forum users

I don't really want another BK, i don't doubt their capability or quality etc, but Id like to try something new with a budget of around 1k.

I've even e-mailed Tom at BK to see if they would re finish by 300 PR in gloss black and service it as it is still going strong

D

Deleted member 598831

If its gloss black your after have a look at the xtz 12.17 and the Arendal Sub1 or Sub 1.5.

XTZ 12.17 Subwoofer

arendalsound.eu

If budget can stretch, look at the Arendal Sub2

The new sub from Dali is due soon, but I have only seen it in white, but ask @Ideal AV if its available in gloss black.

berkeley384

Prominent Member
Thanks Steven, Unfortunately both the Arendal and XTZ are too tall :(

I keep going back to the W12 as its the right size but can't gauge if its worth it

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
If its gloss black your after have a look at the xtz 12.17 and the Arendal Sub1 or Sub 1.5.

XTZ 12.17 Subwoofer

arendalsound.eu

If budget can stretch, look at the Arendal Sub2

The new sub from Dali is due soon, but I have only seen it in white, but ask @Ideal AV if its available in gloss black.

it is indeed Steve available in gloss black its the K14-F that you heard here the other day

Dali Subwoofer K-14 F | Ideal AV Home Cinema

also @berkeley384

Steve

don't dismiss the JL Audio Dominion D10, this falls within your budget also and should definitely be a contender and on your short list

JL Audio Dominion D110 Subwoofer | Ideal AV Home Cinema

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom