• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Something portable that will play downloaded TV?

uczmeg

Established Member
Hi,

I'm after a portable video device that will play all the TV stuff I download without having to convert it. I want to watch TV on the treadmill as I have a lot of TV series I'm behind on and a lot of exercise needed!

This could be a disk based media player, but I'm also not adverse to a DVD player with good Divx/Xvid compatibility.

The Archos AV700 seems close to my needs, but the low res for the 7" screen and reports it doesn't handle all downloaded stuff leave me a little worried.

I need as little fuss converting stuff as possible. Copying stuff to a DVD isn't an issue.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Marc

uczmeg

Established Member
This is not so important now.

I figured as it is going to be static (I only wanted portable because of the screen size) then maybe just a 7" lcd connected to my xbox with xbmc or spare Divx DVD player would make more sense as it will be far more compatible and in the case of the Xbox allow me to steam to it.

So just got a 7" Lilliput LCD/TV off eBay for £66 delivered (from China, cheapest uk was over £90 delivered). Better than the £320 I was talking myself into a few hours ago!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom