• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

something old, something new...

maverik1979

Established Member
First the new..

having recently come into some money by reclaiming my bank charges ;), i decided that i needed to treat myself, so after having found this wonderfull site, i researched loads, and couldnt decide what to do , eventually i plumped for a yamaha rx-v657 a wonderfull bit of kit, along with a nice new toshiba 32wlt66, and not forgetting the dvd player, a samsung dvd-hd860, hdmi and spdif cables were ordered from ebay, which is where the best bargain came from, got the tannoy mxc centre from ebay for £11 and its absolutely mint, i felt so sorry for the guy when i picked it up that i bought some qed silver anniversary cable off him to wire it up with,

now the old, the missions on the tv stand are 760i's and are used as rears (which i got from a car boot sale for £15), just waiting for my new leather couch to be delivered so i can hide all the wires away properly, which leads me to my favourites the tannoy 637 profiles which are more than up to the task of home theatre, needless to say you dont need an extra sub when you already have 4 x 200mm bass units :smashin:

im very happy with everything for now, but seing all the dedicated rooms with projectors , does give me ideas for the future :)

grillson.jpg

grills on

grillsoff.jpg

grills off

maverik1979

Established Member
yes they have marble effect on the tops, yeah i got to admit, i did get some bargains there

John 1987

Prominent Member
Lovely looking set-up.

ape1

Established Member
Cool set up..you will have to add photos of the new leather couch when it arrives..Im just as nosey as to what the room looks like as what kit you have!

Glen-bo

Established Member
But I have to ask reclaimed bank charges??

Having been charged left right and centre by my bank, thats sounds v.interesting.

Great looking set-up by the way and some serious bargins in there.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom