• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Something like Sennheiser Px100s... only with better noise protection

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I love my PX100s, the sound is superb when sat by the pool on holiday - a real snip at £30, and a great way to improve any portable.

But the big problem is that they leak in a lot of noise if you're on the bus, or in some other public place. They probably leak music out to disturb those around you, but hey who cares! :smashin:

So, I'm looking for something like the PX100s, only which block out noise a bit better.

Any ideas?

Steve W

Steven

Senior Moderator
Its not the next model up per se... PX100 is open, PX200 is closed

Budget? Albeit the easy answer is to stay within the Sennheiser family since you like the introduction sound from the PX100

Drubbing

It will also be hard to find a closed (isolating) phone that sounds the same as an open one. It's why some people prefer open backed phones, they sound better, more natural IMO.

Once you close phones in for isolation, you get different sound. But the trade off of repelling noise - not having to crank up your phones to hear music, annoying others and damaging your ears in the process - is worth it.

Open for home, closed for travel.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom