1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something lacking in sterio 3802 no sub

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Apr 5, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have mordaunt short ms 540s 2 way bass reflex speakers as fronts freuency response 60-20hz sensitivity 89db i have no sub, sterio sound from cds tape etc sounds a little lacking have tried speakers small and large settings sub no sub lfe +main crossover 80hz tried biwiring everything is connected ok i am not using expensive speaker cable any advise as to best settings sterio only thank you i use the sterio direct mode , does this cut out sub no sub etc

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    In your case, if you have no Sub set your main speakers to Large and all the bass to main (the amp should only give you this option if you have already selected No SUB).

In Direct mode the amp bypasses bass management and sends full range signals to the fronts regardless of your speaker settings. You could also switch off the Sub, if you had one, in Direct mode for purer playback quality.

You really need a Subwoofer as your front speakers dont go down very low (60hz) you´re missing out on everything below 60hz.