Something inserted into my PS3 drive..

Jbuckman

Established Member
Reaction score
My lovely 2yr old daughter decided to use daddys PS3 as a slot machine :(:thumbsdow and has slid in a 1p piece. Its out of warranty so im not fussed about taking it apart, was wondering if anyone had any idea on how easy\hard it is to get to the drive??

JB

watch vids on you tube there are afew on taking the ps3 apart.

My lovely 2yr old daughter decided to use daddys PS3 as a slot machine :(:thumbsdow and has slid in a 1p piece. Its out of warranty so im not fussed about taking it apart, was wondering if anyone had any idea on how easy\hard it is to get to the drive??

JB

Best of luck, I have to say that I am still fearing the day when my daughter does something along the same lines. . . . . :rolleyes:

Ian.

Try to look on the positive side of things - I had young kids when video recorders were popular - and they could fit an awful lot in those slots !!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
I'm not saying you should do this - but holding the ps3 with the slot facing down and gving a gentle shake might work - think along the lines of trying to get money out a piggy back.

well after an hour or so of taking it apart (the ps3), then dismantling the bluray drive, i found the culprit, 2 1p's and a 10p. After removing these and piecing the drive back together and all the casing, fired the thing up and tried a disc, and it doesnt wanna know!!:confused::thumbsdow its now not feeding the discs in at all, it seems to initially grab the disc, but doesnt take it into the drive.

Im no ps3 techie so looks like im gonna have to send it of for repair or look into my house insurance:thumbsdow

Anyone off here suggest a decent and reputable repair place whilst i have a look into my excess on the house insurance.

JB

forgot to add, not sure whether its related or not, but upon booting the ps3 back up to retry the disc drive, id lost all sound (via optical to surround) which i thought was strange, dunno if it was related or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom