1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something better than i have?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by ScoobyDoo69, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ScoobyDoo69

ScoobyDoo69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, as you can all see i'm after something amazing for under 1K in the thread below... however i must sell my cambridge audio azur 640 range first... or after, either way, my friend has had a listen to my setup with 640C and 640A, and is impressed, however he would like more depth to the bass, with it being stronger and more impacting, also a bit more power would suit him well. he despises the protection on the azur also, so he'd want something without any of that going on... but basically i have pointed him towards Marantz gear; this gear being the following:

MARANTZ PM7200 AMPLIFIER
    MARANTZ CD7300 CD PLAYER

as these are in similar price range but seem to offer more power.. plus winning some awards lately.

so could anyone tell me how much stronger the 95W of the Marantz would be compared to the 65W of my Azur? how much harder hitting would it be, and is there any silly protection getting in the way? is the cd player upto the standards of the Azur 640C???
    thanks for any help you may provide us!!

ScoobyDoo69