Someone stop me moving over to HTC from Apple lol

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 64gb and the new HTC M8 has really really impressed me

The screen resolution, quad core and 2gb Ram is really swaying me over to the dark side :)

Has anyone else found they might move over now and give HTC a try?

I still have my mini iPad so I'll still be using my paid for apps so they won't go to waste

The HTC looks absolutely fabulous and every time I watch a new YouTube video I get so hooked on the fact I can just pay of my remaining £380 contract on O2 (but if I upgrade they deduct 25% which is every better) then get the HTC on Refresh

I'll pop into an O2 store and have a play about with one and have a think about it

Even the size isn't that bad, I've cut out a cardboard replica and it feels ok in the hand ;)

Last edited:
I wouldnt end my contract just to get this phone but Im in a similar boat - I want one too after growing a little tired of the iOS look (dont worry folks, I always end up coming back to iOS after a few weeks LOL ).

Why not try a trade or buy one off the forum classifieds when inevitably they will start appearing soon :)

Lee,

Whats so great about it?

I'm leaning to the dark side too
Must stay away from the web before I click buy ....

Lee,

Whats so great about it?

Just what I've observed from so many Un boxing videos and general overview of it

Looks really good and HTC has always been the choice of phone I would have went to if Apple didn't exist. I've always been Apple since I sold my Sony Ericsson phone years ago and I've never looked back. Would be fantastic for a change and the phone market has really come a long way. What also makes me want to try it is how fluent it is - WOW, I've here wanted to change because nothing ever came close to how fluent screen transactions and scrolling was on IPhones. Now though this HTC is a complete game changer mate, have you watched the videos reviewing it? If you haven't I would advise looking at least one.

Last edited:
Regarding reviews, for anything android on YouTube just subscribe to Marcus Brownlee's channel. Always reviews the latest android handsets and sometimes reviews them again a few weeks later to see what's it like after the initial excitement wears thin

@leebroath

What do *YOU* think makes it "better" for *YOUR* needs bud?

Personally, I can't see me moving away from Apple.

I use a MacBook Pro and have an iPad Air & a 5S.

I love the simplicity of the products, how well they work, how reliable they are and how simple it is to get one replaced should the need arise.

The last one is really important to me as I'm self employed, so I don't need to be worrying about what would happen to my handset (and the data on it), if it failed.

I also use things like iMessage from my MacBook, which makes life simple, so it's all about working out what's important to you in a device and then seeing which one fits that criteria.

Does that help!? :D

Regarding reviews, for anything android on YouTube just subscribe to Marcus Brownlee's channel. Always reviews the latest android handsets and sometimes reviews them again a few weeks later to see what's it like after the initial excitement wears thin

That's who I am already following and watched his unboxing of the HTC :)

That's who I am already following and watched his unboxing of the HTC :)

link me up :p .

we are an apple household but i must admit im looking for something else this time around and would be good to see if the grass is greener :D

I was in the Phones 4 U branch in the overgate Dundee today and I had a play with one, granted I couldn't pick it up because it was in a cage like type thing but I could touch it with my finger and see how it functioned. They also had fake ones for the size hold and feel that I could pick up and they felt great in the hand.

.....WOW !!! its Sooooo quick and the screen resolution on the Youtube videos doesn't do it justice it looks freekin fantastic in the flesh

I so want a change and this in my mind has me so hooked and wanting to buy :)

My purchased Apps will always be there with Apple so it's not a problem jumping ship for some time then going back. I just feel that this next release from Apple will be like 'Oh well is that it'

Playing with the HTC One M8 was in my opinion the same feeling I got when I played with my very first iPhone after having being with SE.

just watched it - does look a nice phone and love the way you double tap the case and it displays the time and weather.

if apple ever released iMessage on other platforms like BB did recently then i would be more tempted. sadly i use iMessage alot

Hmmm your right....imessage I forgot about :(

Arghhhh you now have a reason for me not to move lol

Hmmm your right....imessage I forgot about :(

Arghhhh you now have a reason for me not to move lol

i guess you could use whatsApp but again for me, my family and friends all have iPhone so its iMessage.

BUT the plus side is i hope this gives apple a kick up the backside to bring out an awesome iPhone 6.

I'll prob skip it alo I really love the look of the htc

To jump ship would be silly for me.
A) I'll want the new iphone
B) I've too many iphone accessories
C ) all my family and mates use iMessage and FaceTime.

Funny, I always thought Apple was " the dark side" :)

I have an iPhone from work, and would swap for one of these in an instant!

Funny, I always thought Apple was " the dark side" :)

I have an iPhone from work, and would swap for one of these in an instant!
iPhone for work, you are lucky we have BlackBerrys :facepalm:

The phone does look a great piece of engineering and quality, but downsides are the 2600 battery and the average camera. Android struggles with battery power.

Only my opinion of course. Yes whatsapp will be ok for messaging, but there is no beating iMessage. Camera is better on your iPhone. The iPhone is more pocket friendly too.

A fantastic feature that only HTC have is the Boomsound stereo speakers. Truly amazing sound.

Carl.

Hmm I think HTC are winning on the screen resolution also mate, it looks fantastic in the flesh

Last edited:
Yes I have heard, but as you know with all that info mate,

it's all just rumours ;)

iMessage I think is making me stay :( if it wasn't the fact that I use that quite a bit then I would jump....we will see what Apple have in store for us

That settles it - thread closed :p

See you in the new iPhone 6 thread :)

I always keep switching from iOS to Android and back. Love both of them

However, much prefer iOS when it comes to Apps as they are far more polished than Android's version. iMessage is another factor over the Android as most of my family uses it with one living in the States. Have got Whatsapp but rarely get used.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom