1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone help me out :(

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mridley, Nov 25, 2002.

1. mridley

mridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please explain this, what is the best setting to use on a Denon 2802, do you have the "AFDM" set to on or off?

Do you set to "MTRX ON" or "NON MTRX", If someone can find the time to explain this i would be most grateful, I just can't get my head around the manual.

Thanks in advance

2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    This setting is used for 6.1 or above speaker systems. Non Matrix is used for full DTS-ES (discrete) discs & Matrix is used for non discrete discs. Set AFDM to OFF.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    MATRIX ON means the information for the Surround Backs is extracted from the normal Left & Right Surrounds, you also leave it in this mode for DTS ES Discrete discs as the amp will automatically switch into the Discrete format. You´ll know what mode the amp is in as it will be displayed on the front panel.

MATRIX OFF means that the sound of the Left & Right Surrounds is redirected to the Surround Back speakers without undergoing any matrix processing.

Leave the AFDM (Auto Flag Detect Mode) switched OFF and just manually switch the Surround Backs on/off depending on the disc.