Someone have a look at these specs for me please.

Jake13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a tv which is around 42". Can someone have a look at these specs for me as I don't really know what I'm looking for.

ENERGY CONSUMPTION
Energy efficiency classA
On-mode power consumption55 W
Annual power consumption94.5 kWh
SCREEN
Screen size39"
Screen technologyLED
HD standardFull HD
Motion Rate60 Hz
Brightness300 cd/m²
Contrast1000:1
Resolution1920 x 1080
AUDIO
Audio power2 x 8W
Mono/Stereo SoundSurround
Speakers2 speakers
CONNECTIVITY
Connectivity2 HDMI, SCART, Component video input, composite video input, USB 2.0
TUNER
DVB-T TunerFreeview
Noise reductionYes
Sound enhancementSRS
TeletextYes
GENERAL
VESA mount450 x 250
Remote controlYes
DimensionsTV dimensions (Boxed): 1078 x 719 x 177 mm
TV dimensions (Unboxed): 600 x 906 x 250 mm

I'm looking for a tv with a good clear picture for use with my Xbox 360 ( will be PS4 when released ) and also which I can watch freeview on.

Any help will be appreciated

Which TV is it, the specs don't tell you whether it is any good, just what the company's marketing team thinks will sell the TV to people who buy on spec alone ;) It could be some no name set from Argos or it could be a high end Panasonic or Sony or even B&O

What's your budget? That is also a 39" so a little below your 42" requirement

Ok that's a Currys own. I'd look for a branded set if your budget can stretch

What's your spec as in needs? That's seriously cheap so likely a pile of junk....in fact I dread to think what it performs like, May be of for a bedroom set but not main set use IMO.

What's your spec as in needs? That's seriously cheap so likely a pile of junk....in fact I dread to think what it performs like, May be of for a bedroom set but not main set use IMO.

It will be used for my Xbox 90% of the time. The rest for freeview. I currently is a optoma hd600x so I don't want to downgrade on image quality as that's only 720p.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Look in the classifieds for used

Last edited:
It said Logik in the link originally

The link goes to a page of Sammys LGs and a Pana. What did it link you to?

OP: I'm the exception that ranks spec over name. That one's short on detail though - and the contrast is low.

Didn't link to that before.

Speck isn't something I go by myself as much of its just marketing. Name can often say a lot with a product as an established name has a lot lose, you get what you pay for basically..well most the time.

Currys don't seem to have the 39" Logik on their site anymore - hence the generic link

Budget is around £200 - £250, big ask I know.

New 22-27" , something no name from a supermarket or Currys like a Logik

Buy LOGIK L32HE13 32

or used to be honest...the latter would be your best bet - looks like you have found the classifieds

Speck isn't something I go by myself as much of its just marketing. Name can often say a lot
Everything's about marketing!
Unless the numbers are false they're a useful indicator, and in any case good numbers usually go with good names, so those do indeed say a lot.

I am not sure how good logik are and doesn't look like the tv is even available now

The first two look the same, likely from the same Vestel or similar factory in eastern Europe with a different badge stuck on. The other Hitachi, probably also, just a different model

To be honest, you'll get what you pay for with any cheap £300 'no name brand' LCD - motion blur, clouding, grey blacks, poor viewing angles, gaming lag possibly.

You'd be far better off with the used Panasonic plasma from the Classifieds ;)

Everything's about marketing!
Unless the numbers are false they're a useful indicator, and in any case good numbers usually go with good names, so those do indeed say a lot.

What I mean is spec alone says nothing, you need to understand what the numbers are. 100hz v 200hz LCD, what do you go for? The bigger number right? thing is though what gets that big number and do you need it? The 100hz set may well have better motion. Contrast figures are another thing to be wary off, you may get like 3000000:1 or something silly but that's basically where an LCD is basically off to its brightest white, a plasma with a lower figure will have far more usable contrast. These figures simply can't and don't give you the full picture(pun not intended).

;)

The first two look the same, likely from the same Vestel or similar factory in eastern Europe with a different badge stuck on. The other Hitachi, probably also, just a different model

To be honest, you'll get what you pay for with any cheap £300 'no name brand' LCD - motion blur, clouding, grey blacks, poor viewing angles, gaming lag possibly.

You'd be far better off with the used Panasonic plasma from the Classifieds ;)

Would the pioneer plasma on the classifieds suit my needs or would I be better buying a full 1080p TV?

I thought you were interested in a Panasonic g20?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom