Somebody's screen went pop

Reaction score
I was speaking to somebody who told me their screen went pop with smoke coming out of it that morning. I asked how old it was to be told 24 years!!!! It was a mitsubishi I think he said!!!

Just goes to prove the old saying about not making them how they used to.

Look at Panny's and the MLL issues:suicide:

Di

My TV history - Grunding 17inch portable lasted 30 years - JVC 24 inch CRT lasted 15 years - Sharp 26" LCD 6 years (and still going strong) - Panasonic v10 plasma lasted less than 24 hours - say no more

Panasonic v10 plasma lasted less than 24 hours - say no more
:laugh::rotfl::laugh:

I got a colour portable for a present when I was about 13 - and it was about 18 months old then - got rid of it about 10 years ago so that was 20 years old or so.

LG 42" Plasma lasted about 2 years - then a 50px60 still going strong (about 3 years now)

Di

My Sony Trinitron died 2 weeks ago after 26 years! The picture started to look like it's on its way out some time ago though, then one day I was reading the papers when I heard a funny sound coming from the TV, a bit later the smell a burnt rubber filled the living room. The End.

Now those screens are what's called value for money - spread it out over the years and you are looking at what - £10 to £20 per year......

Look at modern screens now - only built to last a couple of years as you then can't get the spares for them - the curse of LSI (Large Scale Integration).

And of course there is the then valid reason to upgrade to bigger and better:devil:

D

Mrs L, could you please explain what you mean about Panasonic's "MML Issues"?

I'm only asking because I've got two Panasonic TVs!:confused:

My 2002 42" Panansonic PW5 plasma is still going strong!

Amazingly, zero dead pixels and the brightness/colour and contrast are still spot on.
I'm also pleased to report no screenburn, even though the kids have been using it.

They don't make them plasmas like they used too...:D

Mrs L, could you please explain what you mean about Panasonic's "MML Issues"?

I'm only asking because I've got two Panasonic TVs!:confused:
Googling "Panasonic MLL issue" will bring up many links explaining the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom