Somebody that I sort of like is getting married and I'm heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Rider 1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Do I ignore it, because I can't or do I hope that the person and their finance split up?

What good does them splitting up do? Were you close to this person in any way where there was a chance of a relationship?

You want them to become poor or broke?

Someone you sort of like ?

Hardly grounds for wishing for or participating in the breakup of what is obviously a strong relationship, ignore it and move on like normal people would.

Do I ignore it, because I can't or do I hope that the person and their finance split up?
You can’t what, get married to her?
Are you married already?

Hoping that they split up and consequently he/she becomes unhappy is petty, wrong and immature.

Never mind.
I've got a couple of spares you can have.
I think gingers are out your league. So there's a girl from Keighley, should be a good fit. :rotfl:

On a serious note, don't be that guy, hanging around in the back ground.

Not married yet, not too late to do the deed!

I’ve got my suspicions about how long this thread will last, especially considering some of the moderation that has been needed of the OP’s posts previously.

Wait for the 7 year itch to come along... then bang.. you’re a shoulder to cry on....(grab your chance)....7 years isn’t that long is it? ;) Could be more or could be less nowadays...

....if serious question... MOVE ON

You ignore it and move on. There are billions of people on the planet, millions in your own country and I dare say thousands within walking distance of you. You need to realise that you are not living life in a movie, where the bride will drop everything and run off with the man who has a crush on her, it's not going to happen.

If you 'sort of like her' as your title suggests, then you should let her get on with her own life and you get on with yours.

You’re Andrew Lincoln in Love Actually and I claim my 5 pounds.

so it's all about money?
8752F88A-2018-4D3E-81B2-31F4F7E7B205.gif

We need more context.
Is it a she or he or something else?
Is she an ex?
Did you both have a spark but never acted on it?
Were you her stalker?
Is she local, or someone on TV?
Were you not bothered when they were just courting?
If you were then why didn't you do something then?

Last edited:
Sounds like me and MaggieQ :laugh:

How can you be heartbroken with somebody you only sort of like?

I can only echo the above, move on and get a nice new big TV. Cheaper in the long run. Lol

There's an old Flight Engineer's saying....

If it floats, flies, or f.....s; Rent it, Don't Buy It!!! :blush:

We need more context.
Is it a she or he?
Is she an ex?
Did you both have a spark but never acted on it?
Were you her stalker?
Is she local, or someone on TV?
Were you not bothered when they were just courting?
If you were then why didn't you do something then?

Woooahhh did you assume just two genders?

Woooahhh did you assume just two genders?
I did, but changed it now

** hangs head in shame and stands in the corner to reflect

i'm sure if he confronted this other party and told them in all sincerity that from the bottom of his heart he "sort of likes them" that they'd reconsider their life decisions and the two of them could life happily ever after. i mean really, who doesn't want to hear that? Hallmark should do a range of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom