1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody please help me choose!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by marcjj, Apr 25, 2002.

1. marcjj

marcjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help me, I need it, please.

Which of these would you purchase and where from........

Panasonic TX36PB50
    or
    Toshiba 36ZP18

I been looking on the web now approx 2 weeks, and every day I always seem to think the Toshiba is the one, but, I have an old pro-logic amp so was thinking of upgrading that with a 5.1 amp and using it with the Panasonic. Or, get rid of the amp and just use the Toshiba by it's self. Help. Help. Help.

Thank you for reading, a reply would be appreciated very much.

2. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the Toshiba.

I have the 32" and it is stunning.

Try this site http://www3.netspin.co.uk/electrocentre/ chealest I could find and if you are in Birmingham it will make it easier to go and check them out.

Bought my 32" three weeks ago dispite all of the issues you read about if it is set-up correctly it really sings.

Good Luck.

3. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be the cheapest but they don't come with any speakers.

If you want speakers, the cheapest I found (all in) was Robertsons http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/Robertsons_Online_32__Widescreen_36.html.

Used these in a price match at House of Fraser. Mine is being delivered tomorrow afternoon (at my own designated time!!) and I am getting a free 5 yr warranty and installation. HoF don't usually give their 5yr warranty with a price match but if you mention to them that John Lewis do and you could always go to them then they are more than happy to do it!!

4. marcjj

marcjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone who wrote back with information.
    I've gone for a Toshiba.

5. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't regret it!