1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vinwolf, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Vinwolf

Vinwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

Simple question - simple answer needed. I really am on the verge of buying the Pio435XDE. £2700 FROM AUDIO T in London, 10% of the new 'pseudo' 5.1 sound kit from yamaha and the Samasung 945 DVD player. With installation, I'm looking at £3750.

With all the kit coming around the corner (panni pv500, philips pf9830, new jvc and hitachi ranges), AM I ABSOLUTELY NUTS TO BE INVESTING SO MUCH AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME????

Please respond with straight-jacket and/or J.D. and coke!!!!! :suicide:

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep your nuts, for that sort of money I would wait....

How much are they charging you for the installation ?

3. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I to am on the verge of getting a 435xde plus loads of aditional bits but I have decided to wait until the preliminary reports are in on the pv500. If the early signs are that its as good as the 435xde I will buy the xde but if their are rumblings about it being far superior then I'll have to go get a demo. At AV-sales the pv500 is over £400 cheaper than the xde so its worth waiting at least until a few initial impressions are available on the pv500.

4. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    No, you're not nuts but you need to be very clear why you are doing what are doing.

Make a decision on each piece of your kit, and if you know WHY you are buying each piece (and why you're not buying other choices instead) then you should be ok.

If you were to offer some thinking behind the choice of each piece, that would be helpful.

5. Vinwolf

Vinwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm.....well,

1. The Pio435xde has HDMI, capable resolution (although many screens will release this year with 1920 and 1080i capability which irks somewhat). It has a vga socket for my powerbook (dvi to vga) and a separate media box so I can wall mount, - all the connectivity I need really.

2. The samsung is a budget DVD with good HDMI connectivity and can show the Pio at it's best. I am not a mega movie fan take pleasure in the 5/6 movies I rent per month!

3. The missus hates wires - loves surround sound....so I demo's the new Yamaha YSP-1 'pseudo' and it does what it says on the tin - perfect for my modest needs - although might buy a sub-woofer later on if more 'throat' is needed.

4. Installation is £250 inc vat and they (CEDIA members) will dril holes and fit all equipment and mount as necessary. A member from Audio T will also be present to help with set up and give advice.

5. Is the 525 at 1024 x 768 going to be capable of showing HD at it's best?

6. To connect an NTL box to the XDE - I have been advised to run it through a JS converter and pass the SCART signal into the VGA slot of the Pio - does this make sense? Apparently - it will result in much much better pictures from my cable signal?

Any and all thoughts appreciated~ :hiya: