Somebody help me please!!!

G

ggp159

I have the Pio 434 since December 31st. It's great and all but i really want to play xbox on it but i am afraid of burning. I have read all the threads concerning burning and consoles but i am afraid still. A life gauge from a game made my fears even worse because it took days to dissapear and i only played for 20-30 minutes at a time. Brightness was at +1, contrast +24, color -10 DRE mid, cti on, pure cinema off, Mpeg noise off, dnr off. I had to play Lord of the rings and gladiator after that to make it go away. I know i did not count the hours the panel has been on but i know it's over 100hrs. What should i do. Please help me. It's becoming rediculous. Spent so much on a screen and not being able to do what u like. Please please help

cjdshaw

Standard Member
That seems pretty excessive. I've got a 433HDE and after an 8 hour Unreal Tournament session the life meter was pretty burnt in. It only took about half an hour to get rid of though.
One thing to be aware of is that Lord of the Rings and Gladiator are both 2.35:1. That means they have black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, which is where most readouts in games are. You want something that fills your screen.
Otherwise, I can only give you the same advice you'll find elsewhere. Turn off in-game readouts where possible and turn the contrast down.

G

ggp159

I know let them play in zoomed mode.Thanks for the reply by the way. other opinions please?

Supra

I think your contrast looks way to high. If you don't have a setup disk like avia dve use the thx bit from a dvd.

You will find that you have the contrats way too high!! By the way the contrast figures i'm comparing to are my panny.

MAW

Banned
Supra you are right, +24 is ludicrously high. It's probably the way it's delivered, to give you a 'wow' factor when you turn it on, and to make it stand out in currys. Pannys are the same. The THX optimiser is a good place to start, as it's free, but get DVE or avia for perfection, or better still that nice Gordon chappie

G

ggp159

Supra and maw thanks for ur inputs but contrast is not too high. Counting the contrast on Pio 434 starts from ZERO not a minus value say -60. Brightness is like that, color is like that, has plus and minus values but NOT contrast. The lowest value for contrast is 0 not minus something!

Stephen Wilde

Novice Member
If it goes away it can't be screen burn can it?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom