1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some words about sonicstage 3.1

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cristobal, Jun 20, 2005.

1. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please tell me that there is an ALTERNATE way to transfer mp3 files to my NW-HD3 ?
    Sonicstage is utterly crap, ALL builds i've tried.. It lags my pc like you wouldnt belive. Just simple tasks like rename takes forever. Im pretty confidient that it messes with the player aswell. My player has started to act you see, suddenly not repsonding to buttons, only to the OFF - ON switch. Some tracks are messed up aswell; one track is playing, then suddenly a 5 sec segment of ANOTHER song starts to play, and then back to the original song...

I wanna buy HD-5 but im not ever gonna do it as long as i have to use Sonicstage. Before i had faith in the program to get better, but its getting more and more fecked up. Please, if you do know of an alternate way, SPEAK OUT! (and save my sony)

PS. the anger...the ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cristo

2. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    there is no other way....but check out that iTunes thread.

try and increase your RAM on the computer or somehting - that might help.

3. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    if you really hate sonicstage and my itunes thread doesnt interest you, you can bypass sonicstage by downloading a sony vaio transfer utility which is a small window that you drag and drop your mp3s into and that will ahndle the transfers. you may need to google or search the forums though for the website to download from.

4. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yaeh i really really hate sonicstage im afraid..
    I've almost started to cry on several occations, out of pure frustration.
    I've fantazised about killing the ones responsible for sonicstage..You can only push a man so far..Sonicstage is so utterly crap that you start to think if they did it on purpose.

im gonna google all over the place of that other utility..

5. pilaar39

pilaar39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you that it is a piece of crap.

Why oh why could the listings not be the same for My Library and for the device (HDx)? You can sort and display the Library in all different manners, even click on the column headings to sort, but you can't so squat with the listing for the device.

After upgrading from 2.3 to 3.1, it forced me to initialize my HD1, losing all my data. Then I had to transfer everything back! Fortunately, I had most of it on my PC, but who the hell wants to waste 20 Gigs of disk space on a PC by having to keep all the source files there all the time, just so Sonicstage can see them?

So, just a warning for anyone upgrading to 3.1.. make sure you have a complete backup of your device before doing this!

6. meddyliol

meddyliol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :clap:

I have just started using the VAIO Music Transfer software from Sony. You simply make a compilation album up on your hard drive and then drag it into the VAIO window. You can also drag any MP3, WMA files into the VAIO window.

:devil:

7. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you please give me a link to that utility ? You would be my hero forever..

8. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OMG! Vaio Music Transfer....so sweet so sweet :D :D :D

9. meddyliol

meddyliol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: