Some weird soundbar issues with windows and HDMI input switching

spartanz1080

Novice Member
I have an lg c2 connected to soundbar via eARC on bitstream and passthrough. And my computer is hooked up to the tv from an rtx 3090. Everything is working fine except I noticed in two games I don’t get audio after starting the game. The games re7 biohazard and the quarry. I am able to fix this issue by turning off the soundbar and powering it back on after the game is started and the sound returns fine. All other games work fine. It doesn’t matter if it’s Dolby atmos for home theater on something with a bit depth on 5.1 setup or pcm bitstream auto passthrough etc I’ve tried all the settings. To be fair I had a 2.1 channel soundbar and biohazard had the same issue. I recently installed the quarry after I upgraded my soundbar. I do have an HDMI in on my soundbar but I literally cannot get my mouse from going to the external display it’s too wonky for me so I’m just using eARC. I only gain DTS. Every other game browser YouTube application all work fine. And one more thing if I switch HDMi inputs on c2 let’s say like I have tv box on and switch to my pc I have to turn off my tv box first to get sound back on my pc. Same with my ps5. None of these are big issues just annoying has anyone experienced anything like this?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'has anyone experienced anything like this?', probably 90% of folk who try to use a PC as a Source in a Home Theatre system.

If I follow some of your other threads your Sounder is ARC enabled so the TV reverts to ARC capabilities (even if the TV is eARC capable) and ARC requires you to use CEC (which you can usually disable when both the TV and Soundbar are eARC enabled).

CEC can be a real handful at times.

When you have no sound appearing via the Soundbar are you able to confirm what the PC is Outputting?

Joe

spartanz1080

Novice Member
'has anyone experienced anything like this?', probably 90% of folk who try to use a PC as a Source in a Home Theatre system.

If I follow some of your other threads your Sounder is ARC enabled so the TV reverts to ARC capabilities (even if the TV is eARC capable) and ARC requires you to use CEC (which you can usually disable when both the TV and Soundbar are eARC enabled).

CEC can be a real handful at times.

When you have no sound appearing via the Soundbar are you able to confirm what the PC is Outputting?

Joe
I went and bought a better soundbar after learning about soundbars from you guys so it’s a different one.

outoftheknow

I went and bought a better soundbar after learning about soundbars from you guys so it’s a different one.
It is hard to follow if you change soundbars and don’t specify what you have now.

Anyway as above HDMI CEC is almost 100% your issue. If only 2 games need a soundbar power off and on to redo the HDMI handshake, I’d take that as a win.

If your soundbar now has eARC, switch off CEC on the TV and if required or possible on the PC. Many soundbars you can’t turn it off.

LG call it Simplink I think.

spartanz1080

Novice Member
It is hard to follow if you change soundbars and don’t specify what you have now.

Anyway as above HDMI CEC is almost 100% your issue. If only 2 games need a soundbar power off and on to redo the HDMI handshake, I’d take that as a win.

If your soundbar now has eARC, switch off CEC on the TV and if required or possible on the PC. Many soundbars you can’t turn it off.

LG call it Simplink I think.
What will I lose when I turn off CEC will I still be able to control the soundbar volume with my tv remote and will it still turn off and on automatically with the tv?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The TV is the Hub of the CEC system - disable it on the TV.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom