• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some specs compared

aido

I'm currently in the market for a new TV and have been reading lots on these forums to the point my head hurts.

I've thrown some stats from various reviews into a table which looks like this:

upload_2015-11-30_14-59-1.png

Some of the reviews didn't state various items so I've just dropped in there what I could - hopefully it will help someone make their decision - not sure if that Sony ANSI figure is measured the same as the rest as seems to be miles ahead. The Philips looks to put up a good fight on these numbers alone.

For me it's a toss up between Samsung and Panasonic and currently I'm split between the curved 852 and flat 802.

After seeing the OLEDS part of me is getting really tempted by the Hisense 65 inch 910 but wish the reviews would hurry up!

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-30_14-35-17.png
    upload_2015-11-30_14-35-17.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

aido

Well after all that work I ended up with the Hisense K720 as the price was too good to miss in the lightning deals - fingers crossed!

aido

It was £1159 so not a million miles from the 1199 it's stayed at since, although just be careful if you order off Amazon to go for the Curved with free view option which is the 720 as the Curved option is the 710 which you can see from the model number.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom