1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Speaker Cable Questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by garrad, Aug 14, 2003.

1. garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ok I live in a rented house and i'm moving this weekend. So I want to connect up my 7.1 hifi next week.

I have some thick 72strand generic OFC cable which cost me around £1 a metre. Now I did a botch job putting it all up so I want to get something good and do it properly this time.

Now my first requirement is that I have to be able to take the cable with me when I move. It's a rented house and I plan to be here for 3 years, but it could be less so I want something I can place down and take up.

Second requirement is that I have 4 speakers at the rear so I need to run cable back.

What I was concidering was the following:

QED Qontour Incognito 40metres to run 4 cables to the back. This is the flat cable and can run under the carpet, so it would be great to put down. The only problem with this is that I would have to lit the carpet up and since its rented I don't really want to do this.
    Also get some QED original to run the front 3 speakers.
    (All my speakers are KEF Egg Mk1.)

Now the next thing I was thinking is that I don't really want to lift the carpet so I would get something like QED Micro and run it round the doors on the wall.

Any other ideas?