Andrew9999

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Sky HD box with the following details:
  • Manufacturer: Thomson
  • Model Number: 902020
  • Operating System: 1.32B12
  • EPG Software: sky+8.3.2
I have the full Sky package including all channels, Sports and Movies. All channels are working fine except for the following:

102 BBC2 HD
109 Watch HD
111 Dave HD
132 Alibi HD
141 BBC1 HD
178 ITV1 HD

I have checked all channels up to 301 and they are all working except for the above which show the "No satellite signal available" message.

Of course, I have rebooted the box and checked that these channels are all working on the other Sky boxes in my home.

I would appreciate any advice on what the problem may be.

Many thanks.

Andrew.

If you swap the problem box with a working box you'll find out if it's the box or an LNB/cabling issue.

If you swap the problem box with a working box you'll find out if it's the box or an LNB/cabling issue.

Thanks. I have already tried that and the other box works fine, so the problem must be the box, not the cabling. It seems strange that only these channels are affected.

Thanks. I have already tried that and the other box works fine, so the problem must be the box, not the cabling. It seems strange that only these channels are affected.

Isn't this the well known Thompson failing capacitor problem?

Didn't spot it was a Thomson. Replace it with a newer box from a different brand as Sky will soon drop support for these come the next card change.

As it's a Thomson box Sky should replace it for a new one for free without any difficulty. If you have any TV's being fed from your box's RF outlets you must remember to ask them to supply the IO Link as well!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom