Some sky channels not recieved in Germany

E

eddietash

I live in Germany and I've got a 1m dish with 2 LNBs. One points to Sky and the other to 19.2 for German programs.
They are both connected to a switch leading to 2 recievers. The german box connects directly with the switch and the sky digibox is connected to the german box.
I loaded all the programs from the 2 satellites onto the german box and I can switch between SKY and german programs ok. Everything looked fine.

However I don't get all the SKY programs that I should. For some reason I don't get ITV2/3 or any of the Sky travel programs etc. I just get a message that no satellite signal is being received.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks

Yes, I get BBC one no problem.
This is a new set-up as my previous German box broke down. The previous set-up worked fine and I got all channels. The dish is the same so it can't be that. The LNb's haven't changed either. It's only the fact that I bought a new box for German TV that this happens.

If I understand you correctly, your sky system is not connected directly to the satellite dish but via the German satellite box.

Some sky channels are send down via the H feed and some are via the V feed. To change the feed, the sky box sends a different voltage down to the LNB. It sounds as if this is your problem.

Try connecting the SKY direct to the satellite feed.

In Germany, the weakest channel is BBC2 and this is usually the first one to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom