some silly questions about home theatre setting

J

JCmouse

hi

there is surround decorder in dvd player and analogue 5.1 output. there is also decorder in av reciever. how to determine which decorder i should use? is using digital output to connect player and reciever wasting the analogue circuit inside the player as lots of players have great design for analogue output? for digital output, is that the player only read the data from the disc and pass it to the reciever without any processing? thank you for your kind help.

sbowler

The easiest way is to use the Coax output on the dvd player to the coax input on the amp, and let the amp do the decodeing. If you use the 5.1 outputs on the dvd player you will need 5 times as many cables.:eek:

WGLOVER

sbowler said:
The easiest way is to use the Coax output on the dvd player to the coax input on the amp, and let the amp do the decodeing. If you use the 5.1 outputs on the dvd player you will need 5 times as many cables.:eek:

Also, it's more likely that your amp is better at decoding.

J

JCmouse

WGLOVER said:
Also, it's more likely that your amp is better at decoding.

so what is the job for the player in audio aspect if using coax output?
does it mean that i can choose a dvd player without considering its audio performace and just get a good reciever if it actually does nothing on it?:confused:

WGLOVER

JCmouse said:
so what is the job for the player in audio aspect if using coax output?
does it mean that i can choose a dvd player without considering its audio performace and just get a good reciever if it actually does nothing on it?:confused:

I suppose it depends on the quality of your player versus the amp. All I have read on the subject tends to suggest a dedicated AV amp is better, but it might not always be the case

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom