Some shots with my 'new' Zuiko 28mm lens - RIA

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Said I would post some shots after getting the adaptor and fitting the Zuiko 28mm 2.8, will try the 50mm 1.8 next

Absolutely NO PP on any of them

Thanks

Last edited:
Nice set - looks like you made a good purchase there :thumbsup:

First shot is my favourite - love the mellow tones

Jim

Thanks Jim, still cant get that sharpness everyone else seems to get:(

using manual is interesting however:rolleyes:

Thanks Jim, still cant get that sharpness everyone else seems to get:(

using manual is interesting however:rolleyes:

I'll take your word for it mate - though I'll need to get to grips with it when I get a couple of M42 adapters for my old lenses which I'mm quite keen to try now but I still haven't given all my MInolta AF kit a real try out yet to see what's worth keeping - e.g. now got 3 AF lenses at 70-300 :rolleyes:

Jim

Many thanks for taking the time to comment, it is very much appreciated, a shame maybe a few of the other 56+ views couldnt have had a small input, but still, never mind, will soldier on, and hopefully improve along the way.

I know what you mean - the problem I find is that when you see loads of views and few comments the overall impression is that coments would have been negative..... :(

Anyhow - I'd be perfectly happy to have taken any of these shots (FWIW).

Regarding sharpness - even viewed larger those shots look o.k. to me - at least at web resoloutions so what's your perceived problem ? - I appreciate that it can be quite subjective but if you're not "pixel peeping" what's the problem ?

Jim

I was one of the 56+, but I was in a bit of a rush...and see, I'm back to comment now. I've just started posting, so equally, I like to get feedback good or bad, and it wouldn't eaxctly be fair if I didn't do the same :)

I like 1 & 5, epescially 5. I think the composition is very good, and I particularly like the way the rubber-ring thingy is virtually exactly in the middle...it's like a target sight.

Like I said, I like 1, but I think you could have made more of the fence by standing a little to the left or right...probably left, because you'd be pointing more towards the lightsource if you moved to the right (and you'd probably get more flare or overexposure.

Where were in 4?

O-si-yo cherokee1111, :hiya:
Said I would post some shots after getting the adaptor and fitting the Zuiko 28mm 2.8, will try the 50mm 1.8 next
Lovely sharp images and nice colours.

I've got a MF OM Zuiko 50mm F1.8 and adapter for my Panasonic G1, but not the 28mm 2.8. What camera are you using (apologies if it's mentioned somewhere obvious, if so I missed it)? *

I seem to have problems with sharpness with MF lenses, as well. I blame my eyesight and the government. :laugh:

Paul :cool:

* Edit: Found it on Flickr. Canon 450D, right?

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, yes a 450D, yes it is a bit tricky getting the focus right but I do like being able to see the F stops manually on the dial, hoping the 50mm will be sharper but I might have to get a canon 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 if second hand

... hoping the 50mm will be sharper but I might have to get a canon 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 if second hand

The Zuiko 50mm F1.8 is very sharp. I've also got FD versions of both the Canon 50mm F1.8 and the F1.4. I can't tell the difference (other than the F1.4 is faster) between the three of them to be honest.

Paul :cool:

I'm as guilty as most:facepalm:

The reason being I got a bit fed up with the snow theme(maybe jealous as we didn't get much) but should of not stopped me making a comment,Sorry.

Anyway,#1&6 for me, and much better viewed large:smashin:

I'm as guilty as most:facepalm:

The reason being I got a bit fed up with the snow theme(maybe jealous as we didn't get much) but should of not stopped me making a comment,Sorry.

Anyway,#1&6 for me, and much better viewed large:smashin:

Thanks Tonkie, I know what you mean but appreciate the time you experienced togs take to help us newbies get better.:thumbsup:

Thanks gregww1, 96 views now and 2 people comment, oh well:( they were valid comments thanks guys:clap:

Damnit, sorry, my broken English. I mean't to say "Where were you in 4?" i.e. where was the photo taken? Looks like a snowy golf course...in the Peak District????

Damnit, sorry, my broken English. I mean't to say "Where were you in 4?" i.e. where was the photo taken? Looks like a snowy golf course...in the Peak District????

No problem gregww, its Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire, stopped off for a sandwich on the way to Dundee and they still had snow;)

:eek::eek::nono:

Sorry to disappoint but I certainly dont fall into that category, but thanks it has put a spring in my step:D

+1 :devil: <Kidding>

..don't put yourself down Neil - some very good shots posted while I've been a member. :thumbsup:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom