Some shots from The Deep

electrolyte

Here are some shots I took yesterday from The Deep in Hull. The best one is my comp entry here.

The Deep is a huge aquarium in Hull and it is amazing. Well worth a visit.

They were all taken using my Canon 350D with either my 18-55 USM kit lens or 50 f1.8. They were very difficult to take because I couldn't use flash so had to use relatively long shutter speeds and high iso to compensate. Plus the little blighters kept moving too quickly!

Hope you like the shots...

1. Another silhouette shot

1/20s, f/3.5, 18-55 USM @ 24.0mm, iso1600

2. Fishy

1/200s, f2.5, 50mm f1.8 @ 50mm, iso 1600

3. Ray and friends

1/30s, f3.5, 18-55 USM @ 18mm, iso 1600

4. This one is a bit fishy too...

1/250s, f2.5, 50mm f1.8 @ 50mm, iso 1600

5. Perhaps too much orange?

1/125s, f/2.8, 50mm f1.8 @ 50.0mm iso1600

6. Small yellow fish

1/400s, f2.5, 50mm f1.8 @ 50mm, iso 1600

Comments welcomed!

I

imcarm

Stunning shots there electrolyte and I must admit I'm green with envy on how sharp they all are.

redmax

These are wonderful.

Being a PADI scuba instructor i can look at tropical fish all day.

Unless you dive somewhere like Fiji you will never get shots as vivid as yours.

Aquariums are fantastic for showing the wonders of the deep to people who don't dive

Can i ask - Is there an equivilent noise reduction system for CS2?

steve.o

Novice Member
redmax said:
Yup, should be under: Filter > Noise > Reduce Noise

...steve.o

electrolyte

redmax said:
You can install Neat Image as a plug-in for CS2. Do a google for Neat Image and this will lead you to their web page. You can download a trial version for free that is limited to only working on images up to 1024 x 1024. I find it works much better than the standard noise reduction filter in PSE4 which isn't very good. Not sure how good the filter is in CS2 but I'd bet that NI is better...

steve.o

Novice Member
I have heard Noise Ninja is also a very good plug-in. You can download a demo of it from their website here but some features are limited and it applies a watermark to all images. I havent given it a go yet myself but you can read a review of it over at Luminous Landscape.

...steve.o

N

Nick Cartwright

Bristol Pete said:
Great work evident here. Nice one. Makes me feel hungry :D
Chips with that Pete?

Great shots, love how vivid the shots look, through glass as well.

I'm 60 miles from the Deep and keep meaning to go, I have a good excuse to, everytime Bradford play Hull at Rugby League, but I have never got round to it! Maybe now I have a daughter I might find time in the future (camera in tow of course!)

BananaTiger

Great pictures! You've inspired me to head down to the London Aquarium.

Just goes to show people that the kit lens isn't a bad lens when you can pull off shots like those.

ush flynn

Novice Member
ive been reading marine aquarium books for months now, been to london aquarium a few times, need to go again with the 20d and my lil Lx1. Didnt even think about noise reduction last time... stupid blurred photos! nice shots mate!
That yellow thing is called a cowfish by the way.. they cant swim too well you may have noticed

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom