Some serious voip help needed

Bobby Logan

Established Member
Reaction score
The system is a Panasonic kx ns 700 connected through a planet switch to a Draytek 300b load balancer; two virgin media superhubs 1 is 150mb with dynamic ip the other 50mb with static ip; all traffic from the Panasonic is routed through wan 2 which is the 50mb static ip ports and 4000 to 64000 are opened. The problem I have is when an incoming call is received there is two way communication however when making an outgoing call the person receiving the call can hear speech the person making the call cannot hear anything (no incoming speech) I've tried everything I can think of even put the Panasonic in the dmz with the same results any ideas greatly appreciated

Just to update I spoke to vm technical support who have insisted that they do not block any ports although I'm certain that they do, the guy actually said "if we specified it was to use voip then we have been misold and we should complain" customer service at its best! Anyway he reckons the broadband has no QoS so voip traffic will always be pushed to the bottom.
Does anyone have voip working with VM?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom