Some SatNav Guidance Needed...

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by swarrin, Aug 5, 2006.

1. swarrin

swarrin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm currently looking to buy an all-in-one SatNav system for my car, and I'm slowly getting less sure of which one to buy.

I'm torn between 5 systems at the TomTom GO 510 and GO 910 (since the 910 has spoken road names but the 510 doesn't), the Road Angel Navigator and Navigator 6000 (which is better? how old is the navigator?) and I've also heard good things about the Sony NV-U range.

Any opinions would be appreciated a it's good to know what experience people have had. At the moment I'm drawn toward the Road Angel Navigator as it seems to do everything I could want it to, but I'n not sure how brilliant it actually is...

O dear...so confused.... :confused:

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    A friend of mine bought a Sony satnav a few months ago, but took it back and swapped it for a TT One. He's now very happy with the One.

Since he was happy with TT, I bought a 510. He's a real gadget king, and a lover of all things Sony. It must've been bad for him to swap it.
    I'm impressed with the 510 - does everything that I want.

3. dayna62

dayna62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dont buy the Road Angel 6000, it is crap compared to tomtom, ive swapped my 6000 for tomtom 510:smashin:

4. RekalinSimms

RekalinSimms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Either the 510 or 910 would be great options. I've used TomTom in the past and really enjoyed it, plus I've seen these newer devices in action and they seem really nice.

5. Welsh Thunderca

Welsh Thunderca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tomtom One is a great gadget. The only draw back is the battery so you have to have it plugged into the lighter all the time . So if thats not a problem why settle for second best. Dont over look the TOmtom 510/710/910 range. All the other manufacturers have some catching up to do. PS i am a Sony nut but woulnnt give their Sat Nav a second glance.

6. Safoora1983

Safoora1983
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've gpt a Tom Tom One. I've had for a few months now and it hasn't given me any problems. It's quick and easy to use.

7. eggie99

eggie99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

buy a tomtom 910 it's great peice of technolgy, it's bluetooth also so it's handsfree also has a jukebox so u can download songs and listen to me on the move while navigating, also has maps of uk europe and america and also it has a 20GB hardisk built in what more could u wantand also it has vioce instructions it reads the roads names also i.e it says turn right douglas street etc take sliproad head on to A1 etc also uyou can add your own vioce instructions i.e speed cam limit 50 etc

so i advise an tomtom910

thanks
    Eggie