Some Room Design Advice Please

AdamR123

Novice Member
Hello

We've just received planning permission for an extension. I'm planning a family friendly lounge with a wall mounted TV, Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 sound and a projector and screen that can be brought out for movie nights. I've drawn a couple of plans to set out what I'm thinking about at the moment (attached and definitely not to scale!) and would be really grateful for some comments and advice.
Any general comments and advice would be great but in particular:
  1. The corner sofa placement means that the read speakers will be very close to the viewer - any thoughts on what can be done to mitigate this?
  2. There is a sloping ceiling above (see side plan). Is it possible (and necessary) to mount ceiling speaks to point downwards rather than perpendicular to the ceiling?
  3. Also in relation to the sloping ceiling, I'm envisaging having a "wedge" slightly proud of the wall from which the screen can drop down (see side view). Any views on whether this is sensible?
  4. Am I sensible in going for Atmos 5.1.2. Would any other speaker arrangement be better given the shape and size of the room?
  5. Any better ideas about furniture layout? A corner sofa is a pre-requisite.
Thanks
Adam

Lounge plan.jpeg
Lounge side view.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom