Some recommendations on my Panny 32PK1?

I think it is normal, I've seen a few posts before on various newsgroups, although it is usually a white/grey line - it is on mine.

The problem goes away if you use S-video input instead - I don't know if that's an option on Sky Digital.

I only get it with 4:3 DVDs in RGB mode, and I don't own any!

Can't watch Sky or ON in S-Video, only RGB and composite available.

So this could be a common problem then? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Cheers Mr.D

I'll have another go with the service menus. I suspect I'll have to live with it - all the PKs I've seen in currys/dixons etc suffer the same problem. Plus my guarantee has run out
smile.gif

And you're right, despite the lines, it has got fantastic picture quality!

mr d,

i too have a 32" pk1 and have been having problems with the rgb.
basically i don`t use the rgb for dvd anymore as i am getting horizontal lines across the screen on occassions, mostly when something is moving in the picture, there is a horizontal line extruding from either side of it and it follows the path of the movement. it is not there all the time but appears quite frequently and makes it impossible to watch dvd through rgb.
i am currently watching through s-video, but would prefer of course rgb. the best way to describe these lines is that they are like horizontal shadow bars that are coming from the picture when there is motion in the picture.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

For anyone interested, I've posted a few Panasonic service manauls < HERE >

I can't remember if the TX28PK1 (which you can download) manual is very different to the 32PK1 - so look at the back of your 32PK1 label and see which chassis it has - I think it's either a Euro 4 or Euro 5 but I might be wrong.

Hope this is of some help to you all Panasonic owners!

I have a few other Panasonic manuals also that aren't online due to webspace restrictions.

Edit : just checked and found that the 32PK1 is a Euro 5 chassis, so the 28PK1 manual isn't much use (other than the service mode entry should be the same)

The only Euro 5 manual I have is on the site above listed for TX32PF10 which is 'similar' in many ways to the PK1 I believe.

Jeeze I just found this post that I did four years ago when i was Kahless and not Kahless725 :)

Update to the PK set that I have. We moved house in 2000 and I managed to drop the Panny while I was boxing it up. This believe it or not fixed all problems I had with the set and now 4 years later it is still one of the best pics I have ever seen. In fact the only 28 inch tv I have seen beat it and thats just for colour quality is my new PS12.

Is Mr D still around? or can anyone else help?

I have a panny TX28PK3, and I get feint scrolling bands on region 1 (NTSC) DVD's from my Pioneer 656a (rgb input on AV1).

I read somewhere that DVCO setting could sort this. To this end I bought the Digital Video Essentials DVD and used the PAL colour bars on the disc (ch 14, 18).

I enter service menu, DVCO (which has a value of 016), then press blue, and value changes to 000 but colours don't appear to "change slowly" no matter how long I wait.

Can anyone explain?

Also, as the banding fault is only when TV is using NTSC source, is it futile to use this DVD, as it presumably only outputs PAL?

I don't get this and my Pk1 has the same tube? I did used to get a faint thing scrolling accross the screen up until about 2 weeks ago when I unplugged the analog aeriel it went away (I allways use sky anyhow so this isnt a problem for me)

Just to resurrect this (so I can keep track of the thread!), I also have the 'scrolling bands' problem, with my TX32PK1 and Pioneer 656-A DVD. I have had a fiddle in the service menus, but only with the geometry, which I now think I have more or less perfect, apart from the NTSC/RGB shift. I don't like the sound of this DVCO thing, which seems a bit scarey, but could anyone please put it in simpleton terms, and has anyone found it to work?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom