• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some random newbie questions...

KettyKrueger

Hi All

Just have a few questions;

1 - I have a pair of Mission 733's floorstanders which I think are from the 90's. I guess what I really want to know is; has speaker technology moved forward since the 90's, or indeed since the 70's? I know technology for EVERYTHING else moves at an incredible rate but have speakers remained the same?? The reason I ask is because I was wondering whether to upgrade them. Would a new set of speakers at a comparable RRP be any better??

2 - Does a sub have to face the listening position? I'm just wondering were to position my new sub, I'm limited on space, I had the perfect spot for it but just realised that it won't fit!

3 - Do subs use any special kind of cable or can you just a simple mono or Y phono cable??

I realise that the 2 above questions could do with been thrown in the Sub forum but I thought it be best to post them here as I had a general speaker question too!!

Thanks in advance.

my understanding is that speaker technology
has not moved greatly
as say amps with all the new sound formats
and the older missions are held in higher regard than the recent models
a simple mono cable will do
place the sub anywhere that sound good , trial and error:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom