Some questions regarding Image quality on Phiilips 32PW6515 (I think!)

Skeet

Novice Member
Hi peeps.
I have a 5 year old PW6515 (pretty sure it is, was £1000)..anyway...i am going to replace it soon with Panny Plasma, as I think teh Green gun is going (diagonal green lines visible on dark images).

However...what I want to know is, I run Sky SD through it currently, via Scart.
When viewing images close up, I can see almost shadows, particularily with text (in setup screen for example)...is this likely to be down to my Scart lead?
They are freebie jobbies, so i dont expect much from them...have some IXOS ones en route as we speak...but, just wanted to see if anyone knew anything or could suggest something?

Kind regards

Gaz

hamster

Novice Member
The green lines sound more like an interference issue - green gun failing would give a shortage of green and a magenta hue to things.

It sounds to me more like interference with green on your RGB Scart. Try swapping for a new lead.

Skeet

Novice Member
Cheers for that.
Put new Scart on today...seems to have cleared up my fuzzy picture on EXT2 Sky...Green lines still there...even on SVHS3 where I am running my DVD to.
Spoke to a TV guy today, who said that this is common in these sets and some others that use a Philips tube...I dont suppose it helps that my son likes to slap the TV around a bit from time to time (yes, he gets told off, but he is only 18 months!)....oh well....Plasma here I come!

Top Bottom