Some Questions About New Ipod Touch 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tartan Man, Nov 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Tartan Man

Tartan Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I currently have a 1st generation 16gb Ipod Touch which is only about half full and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice on the following questions regarding the new 4th generation Ipod Touch:

Has there been a massive improvement over the 1st generation Ipod Touch and would I notice the difference?

Does it multitask? i.e. Play games whilst being able to listen to music?. At present I can't do this on my current Touch.

External volume controls and an onboard speaker would help. How effective is the speaker?.

Would I lose all my apps and music I've already downloaded and payed for through Itunes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

TartanMan

2. J2C

J2C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Apple OS4 allows you to multi-task, although the application does need to support it. I have a 3rd Gen Touch and that has external volume controls so i imagine the 4th model does too. The speaker still sounds shocking, but it does work.

There are a lot of hardware differences between the 1st Gen and 4th Gen. The current model, as far as i know, has the same internals as the iPad. 1Ghz CPU, 256MB RAM and a new GPU. You should notice much improved performance. Cameras front and back has also been added for Video calling, 720p Video recording and stills. The new model also has a increased screen resolution which Apple calls 'Retina Display'.

Overall I'd say the 4th Gen is worth an upgrade from the 1st model.

You shouldn't lose any paid for apps, music, video etc on iTunes.

3. Tartan Man

Tartan Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks J2C,
    I think I'll go for it. One of my main worries was if I lost all the stuff I've downloaded. It's cost me a small fortune over the last few years.
    Thanks for your help and advice.

Kind Regards

Tartan Man

4. Jimmymc10

Jimmymc10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes

Speaker not that clever to be honest.

Very impressed with it - currently downloading some DVD's I want to watch when on the train or killing time at work:rolleyes:

5. Tartan Man

Tartan Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for all your help. New Ipod Itouch now ordered:)