Some Q's about Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ceejay, Nov 5, 2002.

1. ceejay

ceejay
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I read somewhere that when you record a movie on HD, and you edit out the commercials afterwards before you write it to DVD-R, you would end up with two (or more depending on how much pieces you've edited out) "titles"(whatever those may be) on your DVD-R, so the movie would not be in one piece.
    That same article also said that copying to DVD-R takes as long as the material you're copying is (two hour movie takes two hours to put on a DVD-R), again after you edited stuff out.
    Is this true?

thanks,
    CJ

2. Spanglemaker

Spanglemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you use partial erase on the HDD, the movie will still be one 'program' on the HDD. Therefore when you transfer to DVD-R it will still be one program.

I believe HDD to DVD-R is always real time transfer, fast dubbing can be done HDD to DVD-RAM and vice-versa if you keep the same recording mode.

Chris.

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I am considering buying on of these. Can someone please confirm that:

1) You can record from a RGB source (eg digibox) from the scart.

2) Any input (s-video, composite) fed to the recorder can be "routed" through and outputed RGB to the scart.

Thanks,

Rob.