Some positive PS3 stuff...

Bilbob

HERE.

But it is from The Inquirer, so it's probably rubbish, eh everyone? ;)

And, oh look at that, it's a PS3 'hater' posting it....

Whatever next?:rotfl:

bishman

Of course the fanboys will take this as gospel, even thought it's an enquirer report. Good to hear some encouraging news though.

Smak

Bilbob said:
And, oh look at that, it's a PS3 'hater' posting it....

I'll send ya a medal in the post well done. Why bother in the PS3 section if you hate it so much?

Bilbob

Smak said:
I'll send ya a medal in the post well done. Why bother in the PS3 section if you hate it so much?

Oh

dear.

:rolleyes:

I was going to leave it at that, but I doubt you'd 'get' it, so I'll explain.

I'm not actually a PS3 hater, if I was do you really think I'd have posted that? And even if I was, am I not entitled to be here and share my thoughts? This, I believe, is not called the 'I love PS3!' forum.

My (intended to be ironic) comment about being a hater is from the comments of other (cleary unbiased) individuals who refer to me as such.

Grow up.

Smak

Bilbob said:
Oh

dear.

:rolleyes:

I was going to leave it at that, but I doubt you'd 'get' it, so I'll explain.

I'm not actually a PS3 hater, if I was do you really think I'd have posted that? And even if I was, am I not entitled to be here and share my thoughts? This, I believe, is not called the 'I love PS3!' forum.

My (intended to be ironic) comment about being a hater is from the comments of other (cleary unbiased) individuals who refer to me as such.

Grow up.

Medal on it's way....

Sorry it's hard on here to tell when people are being serious or not, no need for the 'grow up' comment really don't you think.

Bilbob

I've taken enough flack over being a supposed PS3 beater, and my comments, as far as I could tell, were dripping in irony, so to see you respond with a comment like you did, can you really be surprised to see a response like I did? It got my back up. In the context I read it, I stand by it.

But, taken in isolation, I can tell how it might have offended. My apologies.

Smak

Bilbob said:
I've taken enough flack over being a supposed PS3 beater, and my comments, as far as I could tell, were dripping in irony, so to see you respond with a comment like you did, can you really be surprised to see a response like I did? It got my back up. In the context I read it, I stand by it.

But, taken in isolation, I can tell how it might have offended. My apologies.

As I said I'm sorry for my response Bilbob :), also agree that some 360 users who post in this section get inappropriate replys.

tripodjw

The point about the number of development kits sent out and the number of developers involved is also on gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154682.html

SO prob not completely false for a change from the inquirer.

mickus66

Back to the OP inquiry story - looks like they've changed their tune regarding Cell Yields (with a little persausion from IBM)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33310

THE CELL PROCESSOR is steadily being shoved out the door of IBM plants, despite reports of poor yields.
Sources have informed the Inq that IBM executives have told employees within the firm, that yields are "on or above" targets.

Yields for a large, complex part like the Cell are expected to be low at the start of production and improve steadily thereafter - if IBM had allowed for a very low yield to start with, its plausible that the rumours of bad yields were entirely accurate and this is what IBM was expecting all along.

The exec also said IBM had shipped the first full allotment to Sony under a 'take or pay' arrangement (whereby Sony has the obligation of either taking delivery of the goods or paying a specified amount), and that Sony must have "quite a stockpile of the processors in a warehouse somewhere".

Presumably the warehouse has close links to Asustek, where recently other sources released details of Asustek plans to deliver 4 million units of the PS3 console to Sony this month :eek:

Bilbob

I wouldn't so much say they have changed their tune, they were quite open from the start that at first yields are low, then get better with practise... Their original point was that maybe Cell yields wree lower than expected, and not growing fast enough. The follow up story was merely saying that yields are NOW on track...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom