Some pictures of your recent purchases

I did several times. Even factory reset and tried again. It’s an old fire 7. Maybe it’s just sh*t.
Lol, there's a good chance that's the case! I have one from 2015 that seems to cope okay, but they're awful really (smaller older ones).

This 10" isn't lightning, but in the garage when rowing and on the mount I have for it, can't moan a jot. Works great with the USB DAC as well.

Lol, there's a good chance that's the case! I have one from 2015 that seems to cope okay, but they're awful really (smaller older ones).

This 10" isn't lightning, but in the garage when rowing and on the mount I have for it, can't moan a jot. Works great with the USB DAC as well.
I'll give it another go when I can muster the enthusiasm to use the fire OS again...

After a recommendation on the cycling thread ordered a couple of these to try out.

81BBD6C4-1A4C-4ABD-A713-BFD30BBFEA39.jpeg

Just received HDMI to USB-C Cable only 3ft Long cable. Why do Amazon continue use huge packaging for everything they send out.
FCA6236E-E1EA-4938-9AE7-03F42B364A13_1_201_a.jpeg

Just received HDMI to USB-C Cable only 3ft Long cable. Why do Amazon continue use huge packaging for everything they send out.View attachment 1465400
I bought two 800x600 poster frames and they sent them in a 900x700x400 box.
It was filled with the brown scrunched up paper and the frames were against the bottom.
I thought it was a hoax at first.

There comes a point when a warehouse refurb (always mint I've found) is cheaper and easier for £35
x 2 unfortunately. As no one is going anywhere and the girls prefer laptops at the moment (we have enough of those), I'm biding my time before I have to purchase anything additional.

Just received HDMI to USB-C Cable only 3ft Long cable. Why do Amazon continue use huge packaging for everything they send out.View attachment 1465400
to be fair, they don't have packaging to fit every size product, and also they have to put it in what they have in stock. I watched an amazon doc, and the process is pretty slick, but it's not flawless. When you send a gazillion parcels a day, you have to make some sacrifices somewhere. Not that I agree with the use of packaging.

I've been to one of their sites. I asked that question.

If a packet runs out of ideal sized boxes or the restock from the warehouse is still on its way from another worker, it's quicker to put in a comical sized box and costs less than holding up a packing queue.

Also, some parcel loads occasionally need specific sized boxes in the vans to be more efficient.

Sounds barmy, I know, but if you've seen how fast a warehouse works, you'll get it instantly.

"Her whom shall not be named" needed a replacement for the very ageing Mac in her craft room.
But not another Mac she cried as Apple does not play nice with our windows home network and wireless printers, in fact it has been a right pain for quite a while.
(the Big Sur update made networking harder and even less stable)
Any-who with madam running several programs all at once the mac was struggling to even start in the mornings, so...an all-in-one was needed as space is at a premium.
Choice was limited but a very nice deal on Dell's top of the range Inspiron AIO DT 7700 seemed to fit the bill.
Arrived today and after a couple of hours of updates and downloads it's in and although only a HD screen (4K not needed or required) I am very impressed. It is fast and networking has been a dream.

20210223_145936.jpg

I'd consider that quite reasonable compared to some of the deliveries you can get.

After a recommendation on the cycling thread ordered a couple of these to try out.

View attachment 1465479

I will admit.

Given how we're in 2021, and what I'm about to speak of was talked about 10, 20, 30+ years ago.
And given the massive advancement in plastics, polymers and open/closed cell foams and all that jazz.

It seems weird, still, we are in the situation where we are fitting innertubes full of air, and hoping something sharp does not stick in and give us a puncture.

Even if it's on cycles only, perhaps due to weigh of actual motor vehicles, we should have left this tech behind years ago now.

I will admit.

Given how we're in 2021, and what I'm about to speak of was talked about 10, 20, 30+ years ago.
And given the massive advancement in plastics, polymers and open/closed cell foams and all that jazz.

It seems weird, still, we are in the situation where we are fitting innertubes full of air, and hoping something sharp does not stick in and give us a puncture.

Even if it's on cycles only, perhaps due to weigh of actual motor vehicles, we should have left this tech behind years ago now.

You must be pretty close to having a whole Seinfeld tour's worth of material:

What is the deal with... inner tubes?
What is the deal with... radiators?
What is the deal with... thermostats?
What is the deal with... computers?
What is the deal with... making cashless transfers to strangers?

:)

You must be pretty close to having a whole Seinfeld tour's worth of material:

What is the deal with... inner tubes?
What is the deal with... radiators?
What is the deal with... thermostats?
What is the deal with... computers?
What is the deal with... making cashless transfers to strangers?

:)

Well there are some options, one such as this:

z1iecq2qomyz.jpg

z1iecq2qomyz.jpg

I would guess the trade-off is that tyres like that are always heavy, uncomfortable and not grippy, but don't get punctures - whereas pneumatic tyres are always light, comfortable and grippy, but do get punctures sometimes. Back when I was a cyclist I got a puncture every few thousand miles - unlikely to want to trade a thousand miles of spine juddering for the sake of a 20 minute tyre swap or 'callout'.

Not wishing to disagree ;)
As I don't have such tyres, but the ones full of bubbly foam I can't imagine has any real noticable bearing against the weight of pretty much any bike, and I'm not sure why the grip of the external rubber in contact with the road should be any different.

Anyway........ moving on :)

Not wishing to disagree ;)
As I don't have such tyres, but the ones full of bubbly foam I can't imagine has any real noticable bearing against the weight of pretty much any bike, and I'm not sure why the grip of the external rubber in contact with the road should be any different.

Anyway........ moving on :)

Weight, grip and comfort are the top complaints of solid tyres - maybe at some point the tech will get good enough to retire pneumatic tyres.

But yes as you say, moving on ;)

to be fair, they don't have packaging to fit every size product, and also they have to put it in what they have in stock. I watched an amazon doc, and the process is pretty slick, but it's not flawless. When you send a gazillion parcels a day, you have to make some sacrifices somewhere. Not that I agree with the use of packaging.
The problem with amazon is that they stick stuff in boxes that is already in a box. My Vax carpet cleaner probably travelled from China to the Europe to the UK to an amazon warehouse to another amazon warehouse in the original box.
To get it from the local amazon warehouse to my house it needed a box the size of a coffin.

z1iecq2qomyz.jpg
You need only to look at the rim and hub here to know this belongs to a hipster.

Pneumatic tech hasn't been bested yet. Run flat tyres still puncture on cars (you're speed limited but don't have to change immediately). Push bikes we're not heavy enough or powerful enough to negate the downsides of solid or semi solid rubber/compound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom