Some pictures of your recent purchases

Top's wonky

Just for you, sweetheart 🥰
IMG_20200807_192717~2.jpg

How does that work then? If I have a window open for ventilation, won't it let light in?

Can't recommend them enough? You haven't recommended them at all! 🤣
Who are they and give us a link to them?
In all seriousness, Blinds 2Go. It's not that cheap, but a roller blind you cut down is about £20, and this was about £65. Given it's made to measure and blackout etc, it's a reasonable price.

We now want them elsewhere in the house, but it'll start getting expensive!

They're very clever really - little metal slide between frame and glass, and then the frame clicks on to them.

How does that work then? If I have a window open for ventilation, won't it let light in?
Yes, but we have separate ventilation at the top of the window frame. And in reality, you don't get much breeze with a blind down, just a flapping noise!

Edit: this is the top of our stairs, and the fourth attempt to get a blackout solution. I'd put this method off for ages. Tried curtains, extra liner, blind...now this. Definitely the slickest. With the sun directly on it and the window open, it's still pretty shaded in fairness.

We have billowing curtains which are a right pain :)

Pretty good price. Looks similar enough to the C8 to be able to swap it without my partner noticing.

Well, if she ever left the house that is. And if I could dispose of the previous C8, and the packaging.

My wife didn't take much persuading. Our 8 year old Samsung Tv, Sony Surround system & media center (running Windows 7) were beginning to show their age.

We have billowing curtains which are a right pain :)
It was part of the reason we went with these, you can open the windows without opening blinds. We have floor to ceiling windows in the kitchen (not as grand as it sounds) and with the doors it's annoying having to open the blinds!

Same at end of travel but vertical, think will email them and ask if normal and if can move it manually when off or is that a no no.
I'd say it's not normal - have had mine for nearly 2 years and it doesn't audibly click at all in any direction.

Blinds 2Go.
We buy from these a lot and they're really good value I think. Every window in our house has a blind from them and we've just had some delivered for our bathroom.

Bought a little camera thingy....

So I found a dead fly (been dead for some time) and here is a photo from my phone as close as I can get:
0c4d0904ade79f9ce484749f976e1a4a.jpg

Here is a photo of the fly's eye and some hairs (seen better days) with my new gadget:

53a1aae2a2f3203d16fbfd36da0e642f.jpg

I'd say it's not normal - have had mine for nearly 2 years and it doesn't audibly click at all in any direction.

ahh thanks will ask them in email, have you ever manually moved yours up/down etc when its off? I think our daughter may have tried to with ours, but sure i read you could move to.

Just trying things with nothing held down correctly so all wobbly!
Managed to get this image of the AMOLED screen of my Smartphone.

A proper finely height adjustable rigid stand would help a lot I'm sure.

71ee1f3e60e31e7ba3d90ace7fa8683e.jpg

ahh thanks will ask them in email, have you ever manually moved yours up/down etc when its off? I think our daughter may have tried to with ours, but sure i read you could move to.
I've definitely moved it horizontally when it's been off, but not sure about vertical.
It's always seemed pretty robust though, and gets unceremoniously lugged around the house pretty frequently.

Bought a little camera thingy....

So I found a dead fly (been dead for some time) and here is a photo from my phone as close as I can get:
0c4d0904ade79f9ce484749f976e1a4a.jpg

Here is a photo of the fly's eye and some hairs (seen better days) with my new gadget:

53a1aae2a2f3203d16fbfd36da0e642f.jpg
Got a link pls?

Just trying things with nothing held down correctly so all wobbly!
Managed to get this image of the AMOLED screen of my Smartphone.

A proper finely height adjustable rigid stand would help a lot I'm sure.

71ee1f3e60e31e7ba3d90ace7fa8683e.jpg

I will obey I will obey Just tell me your sorting code and I will deposit money into your account every month.

Obey I Will.

What camera thingy is this you speak of

Got a link pls?
I will obey I will obey Just tell me your sorting code and I will deposit money into your account every month.

Obey I Will.

What camera thingy is this you speak of

Sure.
Here is a link to the exact one I've just purchased.

Amazon product ASIN B06WD843ZM
£17.99, and if you click the little 15% voucher below that, that make it just £15.29

I'd take the "Official Specs" with a grain of salt. But you can see the actual results from my two examples.
Bit of a no-brainer price for a neat/handy little gadget IMHO.

I'm sure I can find a lot of really small things that will look more impressive under such magnification ;)

Oh yes, it will work with various Apps on the Play store.
I've just used an old app I already had installed for another camera device.
Comes with windows software, but not tried that yet.

Sure.
Here is a link to the exact one I've just purchased.

Amazon product ASIN B06WD843ZM
£17.99, and if you click the little 15% voucher below that, that make it just £15.29

I'd take the "Official Specs" with a grain of salt. But you can see the actual results from my two examples.
Bit of a no-brainer price for a neat/handy little gadget IMHO.

I'm sure I can find a lot of really small things that will look more impressive under such magnification ;)

Oh yes, it will work with various Apps on the Play store.
I've just used an old app I already had installed for another camera device.
Comes with windows software, but not tried that yet.
Mind those stripey bastard butterflies!

AE5938D9-4470-45DC-97DC-120E619035A5.jpeg

^ Now now.... Let's not have any of your bias and discrimination.
They may have been born physically as wasps, but they don't self identify as such.
And it's quite right that they have the legal ability to be regarded as butterflies if they wish.
Who are we to impose our stereotyping onto them?

We don't want any of your old school wasps should be one thing, butterflies another bias.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom