Some pictures of your recent purchases

reiteration

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

Inked

Distinguished Member
Ideally you want a long term solution not a short term solution, so are better off working out how to lose it naturally. It may just be portion control.
I'm in the same boat. Used to be 11st and in great physcial shape. Now I am 11st 6lbs, not as muscly, still in pretty good shape, but want to be getting down to 11st again. My issue is eating chocolate in the evening. I've ridden 800km this month, so it's not like I don't get exercise.
It’s only since lockdown / starting working again that I’ve put the weight back on as I’ve not been out running as much and eating breakfast with the family (never used to). Plus as I’m in a supermarket and able to shop at the end of my shift, I was buying loads of chocolate.
Just need to get back into running (just back from a slow 5K), get back into a bit of HIIT and using the slam ball and eating better again - just figure a meal replacement may help me on my way again as I try and ramp back up to fitness.
Up until last Wednesday I’d been calorie counting for the previous 790 days which had helped get down from 13 and a half stone to under 11 at one point. Taking a couple of weeks break from it as I was starting to forget to log food but will be back on it after my birthday on Monday.

jouster

Ideally you want a long term solution not a short term solution, so are better off working out how to lose it naturally. It may just be portion control.
I'm in the same boat. Used to be 11st and in great physcial shape. Now I am 11st 6lbs, not as muscly, still in pretty good shape, but want to be getting down to 11st again. My issue is eating chocolate in the evening. I've ridden 800km this month, so it's not like I don't get exercise.
I'm in a similar situation, I like sweets, chocolate, crisps and all that stuff far too much and have always eaten it watching TV of an evening.

I find if I don't eat that stuff now I often lose weight every single day...so I'm truthfully probably not eating enough....on some big days Im burning 4000+ calories in total and certainly not eating that much....

jouster

i bought one of these at the start of the lockdown and gets used at least daily... the long coffee is my current fave :)

Looks like the later version of mine

where do you get your beans from? I use Cafe Creme that I get shipped from a place in Kingston (Surrey)

It (to me) is pretty close in taste to Blue Mountain which is great (if that's your thing)

fragdude

New pc to edit 4k video, oh and play some games ;)

32” 1440p 144hz monitor, ryzen 7 3700x with a 2070 card,

22667547-0669-42AA-8FE1-A229300E630B.jpeg
7A2ECCC6-A5E1-454C-8844-E6FB8FE7F6E0.jpeg

reiteration

Looks like the later version of mine

where do you get your beans from? I use Cafe Creme that I get shipped from a place in Kingston (Surrey)

It (to me) is pretty close in taste to Blue Mountain which is great (if that's your thing)
I'm using these ones, and when I received my first order i received a code to give me 20% off and I've been able to use it since (as it stated for the first 3 orders only...on my 5th now?)

I'm sure the discount code was '2020' too..

1596107086157.png

i've always left the page open, and even when I've rebooted my laptop in i can insert my previous order number on the left side of the page and the offer comes up again.. :)

aVdub

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

jouster

I'm using these ones, and when I received my first order i received a code to give me 20% off and I've been able to use it since (as it stated for the first 3 orders only...on my 5th now?)

I'm sure the discount code was '2020' too..

View attachment 1342440

i've always left the page open, and even when I've rebooted my laptop in i can insert my previous order number on the left side of the page and the offer comes up again.. :)
I think mine is £13 a kilo

got mine from here

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Put it this way, she bought the fabric about 4 years ago and I got the cushion last night. :)
"Yes I'm going to make you the cushions, you don't need to keep bringing it up every six months!"

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Strictly speaking not mine, but a laptop was just delivered for my new job. Not a Mac, but not bad. Dell XPS 15 (9500 series), 10th gen i7 six-core, 32Gb RAM and 1TB SSD...And full admin rights, so first install WSL2 :smashin:

View attachment 1339617View attachment 1339618
Good luck - we have about a hundred of these in our department and the failure rate is horrific. Many have been couriered around on lockdown for various repairs - usually overheating causing thermal
shutdown events and then after restart CPU goes into limp mode for days :( Everyone is getting VDIs and using them via their personal devices. Probably £300K of fancy laptops being used as either thin terminals or gathering dust on the shelf.

Good news on WSL2 though - I installed that myself at the weekend - very cool.

Congrats on the new job.
Two more now in sick bay - BSOD due to losing connectivity with the SSD - potentially due to SSD heat issues.

These things do not like to be used for long periods.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
"Yes I'm going to make you the cushions, you don't need to keep bringing it up every six months!"
I only remembered she'd bought the fabric when she started making face masks.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Two more now in sick bay - BSOD due to losing connectivity with the SSD - potentially due to SSD heat issues.

These things do not like to be used for long periods.
Oops that is not good. Fingers crossed mine has been pretty good and it’s 32 degrees in the house now.

I had to tame it a little as docker in wsl2 loves to steal all resources without releasing them. Now I’ve configured wsl2 to use no more than 12GB and 5 CPUs it all seems fine. Pretty impressed actually. Sure not as polished in many ways as my MacBook Pro and macOS but very useable nevertheless.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
where's the fabric from? wouldn't mind making a face mask out of it :)
My wife can't remember, but I'm sure a google would turn up something at lease similar.
I'm hoping there was enough left from the cushion to make me a face mask. :)